Such is life...

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
I've been doing battle with a giant roach for the past few hours. I saw him on the wall and tried to catch it in a coffee can. After a few failed attempts at that I lost him. I just saw him again. I snuck up on him with a stick, which I used to crush him. I lifted up the stick to cover him with a coffee can and the little fucker runs underneath the baseboard. I can't win.

prism

Oct 23, 2004
You still don't get it, do you? He'll find you. That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him. He'll wade through you, reach down your throat, and pull your fucking heart out.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..I love strong coffee too. makes me see and hear all kids of things.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Prism
You still don't get it, do you? He'll find you. That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him. He'll wade through you, reach down your throat, and pull your fucking heart out.

Earlier I had chased him out into the hallway (I'm in a dorm). He came back. I chased him into the hallway and into somebody else's room. He came back. I saw him run under the door, so I know its him. I even went into the hall with a coffee can trying to capture him.

The sad thing is I'm not a slob by any means. I'm a neat freak. He should go wallow in everybody else's filth.

BZeto

Platinum Member
Apr 28, 2002
Ah, the cockroach, a foe I've become all too familiar with being an apartment renter. They can be resilient little bastards. Just hope it doesn't get to the point where you can see them crawling on your ceiling above your bed. I've also been woken up by one crawling across my chest while I was sleeping on the couch. I keep my place really fucking clean, too. Even getting pest control to spray cupboards/baseboards doesn't really work when the building itself is infested. Curse the summer months that are comming :(

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: BZeto
Ah, the cockroach, a foe I've become all too familiar with being an apartment renter. They can be resilient little bastards. Just hope it doesn't get to the point where you can see them crawling on your ceiling above your bed. I've also been woken up by one crawling across my chest while I was sleeping on the couch. I keep my place really fucking clean, too. Even getting pest control to spray cupboards/baseboards doesn't really work when the building itself is infested. Curse the summer months that are comming :(

I can handle most creepy things except for cockroaches and worms. I have no rational reasons for it, but I can't handle those two. Yeck.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Leros
Originally posted by: Prism

Earlier I had chased him out into the hallway (I'm in a dorm). He came back. I chased him into the hallway and into somebody else's room. He came back. I saw him run under the door, so I know its him. I even went into the hall with a coffee can trying to capture him.

The sad thing is I'm not a slob by any means. I'm a neat freak. He should go wallow in everybody else's filth.

..he's bringing their filth to you. his little gift.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
I hate roaches, man. I turned around the other day and a filthy roach was on my floor in the kitchen. With the nearest shoe in hand, I strafed to the cockroach's side, careful to not allow my shadow to alert it. SLAM. Roach guts.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
hehe. My only battle with a roach was a creepy one. I saw the mofo near the fridge and killed him by stepping on him. Or so I thought, 20 minutes later something catches my eye and I look down to see the mofo staring back at me from my knee!!! :eek::eek: Needless to say I swatted it off in a split second and with my heart racing a found him and stomped until I saw a juice puddle.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Safeway
I hate roaches, man. I turned around the other day and a filthy roach was on my floor in the kitchen. With the nearest shoe in hand, I strafed to the cockroach's side, careful to not allow my shadow to alert it. SLAM. Roach guts.

Save the white meat! :p

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
fuck Roaches, I had a huge flying one in my room, never seen a flying one in Cali! it was on the inside of my door and when I opened it up I saw something big fly like 5 feet and run under the dresser. Didn't figure it was a roach because I saw it fly. I couldn't go to sleep until I found what it was so I left and when I came back in the room it was back on the door, I snuck in and looked at it. I had some spray shit, said "kills on contact" what a crock of shit, I sprayed it good. Fucker just flew off the wall and landed in my hair, I screamed like a girl and swatted it sending it crashing on the wall. He hit the floor and was running away so I sprayed more, but it didn't stop it. He seemed a little injured but continued to run around, after a few minutes of trying to get an angle where I could spray it again, I didn't think it was going to die on it's own. I cornered it and unloaded like I was an NYC police officer and he was a Black who I thought was reaching for his gun. It finally died but not before it did a few more laps around.

The spray I had was some weird winter green smelling stuff, I sprayed A LOT of it in my battle, my room smelled like gum for the next few days lol.

I don't know how the fuck people in Texas and other states where big ass flying roaches are the norm cope.

BZeto

Platinum Member
Apr 28, 2002
You learn not to spray them directly with Raid or similar products because all it does is make them run (in some cases fly) around batshit crazy. Simpler to just smack them or catch them in a pringles can and flush down the toilet.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
roaches fly????? Man...I hope I never see those.

OP, you sure that is the same roach showing up again? usually when you see one roach, that usually means there are more.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Gibson486
roaches fly????? Man...I hope I never see those.

OP, you sure that is the same roach showing up again? usually when you see one roach, that usually means there are more.

After this half dead one crawled away, I haven't seen any more. Considering I had been seeing this one over and over, I'm pretty sure its the same one. At least I choose to believe that for my own piece of mind.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Captante
Originally posted by: Safeway

Save the white meat! :p

Gross.