Styrafoam scratched my LCD TV - How to remove?

WingZero94

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2002
So I received my Vizio 37" LCD yesterday. Took in out of the box and the edges, where the styrafoam corners were, marked up the black plastic housing. Is there a way to remove it? I tried goof off to no avail.

montypythizzle

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
Use the cloth that comes with it.
There also should have been a film on it to protect against something like this.

WingZero94

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2002
Originally posted by: montypythizzle
Use the cloth that comes with it.
There also should have been a film on it to protect against something like this.

I knew it! THere was none - it was just

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
If it's just the plastic surround you should be able to polish the scratches out with an automotive type polish for clear coat finishes. I was able to polish out some scratches on the tail light lenses of a brand new truck that my neighbor's hogs had used as a scratching post. The results were astonishing considering what they had looked like after what the hogs did. Additionally I've used the same stuff on CDs and DVDs that had deep circular scratches and were unplayable. It didn't always work on really deep scratches and if you rub too hard you can actually add fine scratches, so use a non-abrasive formula in a small unseen test area to make sure it will work for you. And yes I was peeved at my neighbor about his hogs getting loose.