Stupid WEB DEVELOPER question, but i must learn someday.

mmx

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I 'm finishing a website for a realtor in miami.
LINK

My only question is the Contact page, how can i created a database that is attached to the contact page, so when users send the info, it will created another row of information instead through email.

I tried using CGI but it was kinda complicated.

Anyway if you can help, thanx.

BTW how do you like the way the site is design? graphics?colors? etc...

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
HOLY SIMOLEONS! The page is almost a megabyte to download!! I HIGHLY recommend you convert the graphics to gifs and shred excess portions of the palette to trim the download time. Although it is nice lookin.

As far as the database, it depends on the database you're using and whatever your preferred method of programming is. U could use sql and write a perl script that does whatever you need, taking data from a form. I, personally, like jsps and servlets, but hosting and implementation is a bit of a trick synching with database. The general model of it is that you need to have a relational database on the webserver and the tables for the database created. Then, you write an app or script that puts in insert commands for the user takin in parameters from a form. Then, when you need the data, you drop into the database and look up your data. The only 2 databases I've worked with online are sql server and access.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
you will need some form of scripting, whether it be php, asp, jsp, cgi, etc. then you'll need a database, and use some sql, usually.

i think the pictures should flash a little more slowly, but that's just me.