Stupid Outlook 2000 questions - where does it store the files?

stingygrrl

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2000
Hi
I want to backup all my important data so I can do a clean reinstal of the OS and purge all the crap that's built up.. Aside from exporting my data to a .pst file in the FILE menu, is there anything else I have to do? Will my contact list and email addresses of people I email be saved in that?
Also I've been archiving files I guess- where would they be? My outbox only shows a few weeks worth of mail.

Thanks!

subhuman

Aug 24, 2000
its in windows\application data\microsoft\[product]

kinda annoying. you can change it though, i keep all my email on d:\my documents\email

stingygrrl

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2000
Thanks, but the files look too small to contain 18 mos of archived mail!! They're 1-39 KB
Also, is one of those settings files my contact list?
Thanks!

FOBSIDE

Platinum Member
Mar 16, 2000
are you trying to backup your files? if so you can select FILE -> IMPORT AND EXPORT -> and EXPORT TO FILE and then save it as a .pst file somewhere.

stingygrrl

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2000
FOBSIDE,
I did that, but my folders only contain a few months of data. I think the rest are being archived somewhere separate?? Is that right?
Thx

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
By right clicking on any given folder and choosing Properties you can look up the path in "Autoarchive"(not sure what the name in the English version is).

stingygrrl

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2000
Beautiful nickdakick!! That's exactly what I needed! The file sizes are more like it -- 70 MB! I never knew I could right click on a folder like that! Perfect!! :D
Thanks very much everyone!! I never would have found that folder by myself!

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
You're welcome. :D First time I was in here and could actually help someone. My pleasure. :D