Stupid/Gullible persons: a new virus custom-made just for you.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Just got this alert over the internal email here. I'm not sure what's more pathetic: that this is obviously a virus or that somebody's gonna be dumb enough to believe this.

All,

There is a virus alert concerning the virus below, please delete any messages that are similar to this one or that you are unsure of.

Thank you,

Subject: All people!!

The given letter does not contain viruses, and is not Spam. We ask you to be in earnest to this letter. As you know America and England have begun bombardment of Iraq, cause of its threat for all the world. It isn't the truth. The real reason is in money laundering and also to cover up traces after acts of terrorism September, 11, 2001. Are real proofs of connection between Bush and Al-Qaeda necessary for you? Please! There is a friendly dialogue between Bin Laden and the secretary of a state security of USA in the given photos. In the following photo you'll see, how FBI discusses how to strike over New York to lose people as much as possible. And the document representing the super confidential agreement between CIA and Al-Qaeda is submitted to your attention. All this circus was specially played to powder brains!! You'll find out the truth. Naked truth, instead of TV showed. For your convenience, and to make letter less, all documentary materials (photos and MS Word documents) are located in one EXE file. Open it, and all materials will be installed on your computer. You will receive the freshest and classified documents automatically from our site. It isn't a virus! You can trust us absolutely. We hope, that it will open your eyes on many things occurring in this world.

Attachment: 11septemberspaces.exe

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
How sad is that. Anyone who seriously considers that the FBI was in on this deserves to get their PC fried.

but is says we can trust them.. so it must not be a virus
yeah, that's what I'm thinking too :p

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: genocide
How sad is that. Anyone who seriously considers that the FBI was in on this deserves to get their PC fried.

yeah, that's what I'm thinking too :p
Especially with all the terrible grammar in that thing. That must indicate a real down-to-earth person with good intentions typed this thing out, and not some criminal mastermind.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
exactly! if somebody was seriously making a virus-- and just spent all that time making the virus, they're not going to do a slack job on the email.

this was written by a person too overwhelmed with grief to worry about grammar and spelling.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
yeah somebody download it and run it and tell me what it does. i bet it actually is what it claims to be. ;)

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: SagaLore
*click*

AAIEIEIEEEIE! NOOOOOOO!

{C: Drive Format Complete}

hahahaah! :D

edit: hey send me that i want some fresh info about things going on in the world...
rolleye.gif

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Rallispec

My thoughts are with the friends and families of the 9/11 victims on this sad anniversary :(

That is what I thought, so I opened the attachment.........

Thank god I was on my brother's machine. :D

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
I'm envisioning all the anit-FBI, anti-CIA, anti-Gov't conspiracy theory websites going down after their webmasters open this E-mail and run the program.

ZV

EDIT: I know, it's not gonna happen. I can dream though.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: bunker
Hmmmm...wonder why I never got that alert??
'Cuz you're at home drinking a beer right now instead of working?

Slacker. :|

;)

lilFajita

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2002
I love a good conspiracy theory, but come on now...

anyway, how NICE of them to wrap it up in an .exe file for us: so darn thoughtful!

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Fausto1
Originally posted by: bunker
Hmmmm...wonder why I never got that alert??
'Cuz you're at home drinking a beer right now instead of working?

Slacker. :|

;)
I wish I was at home! Seriously though, they must just think you scientist types are too stupid and have to send you warnings like that :p.