Stupid effin' computer

malbojah

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Got around to adding some RAM today and next thing you know, my hard drive (WD 250gb) shits all over it's 0 sector, wiping out everything (including a good chunk of....yeah)

nothing like starting from scratch with no backups...

malbojah

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Scouzer
TEH PR0N?!?!! IT GONE???

all 200gb accumulated over several years

I'm more annoyed about having to re-download Steam and all it's programs again....

Chronoshock

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
If its just the boot sector/partition tables that are f'ed up, you can still probably recover most of the data. A similar thing happened to me and I recovered about 95% of my stuff using PC Inspector File Recovery (freeware). A few files were corrupted, but most of it was fine.

malbojah

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Chronoshock
If its just the boot sector/partition tables that are f'ed up, you can still probably recover most of the data. A similar thing happened to me and I recovered about 95% of my stuff using PC Inspector File Recovery (freeware). A few files were corrupted, but most of it was fine.

Too late, already formated, reinstalled xp, and currently typing from that drive

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
My motherboard died during my finals week here. I do advertising and design. Not dong so hot...

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Originally posted by: malbojah

Too late, already formated, reinstalled xp, and currently typing from that drive

Depends on how you formated (I don't think you wiped), I can still recover most of the data.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Bummer man ... I've been there & it really sucks. :(

I suggest you ask Santa to bring you an external HD & a copy of Acronis True-Image for X'mas this year!

Btw theres a computer repair company here in CT named "Effin computer repair"! (yes really! ;) )

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Originally posted by: SSSnail
Originally posted by: malbojah

Depends on how you formated (I don't think you wiped), I can still recover most of the data.

he was able to recover most of the data up until he reinstalled xp.
Now remnants of XP is scattered all over his valuable data.

NICE ONE!