Stupid Computer Classes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
yes i am taking a class that is sooooo boring at school....

just thought id throw that in there

Kenji4861

Banned
Jan 28, 2001
I had a class where a teacher would be soo excited when the simplest program worked. Like "Hello world" worked and he would be like "LOOK IT WORKED!!!"

I thought I knew a lot more than this guy... but throughout the quarter, he started talking about some hardcore stuff. From "Hello World" to things like operating system programming.

Anyways... my lesson was...
that every teacher has gone through a college to become the teacher. I don't think someone that BSed their way through college would want to become a teacher. A teacher knows a lot, it's just that they have to level with the class. A teacher can't talk about advanced material in a beginning programming class.

BigJohnKC

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
Originally posted by: jackolantern74
i have a bunch of morons in my begining comp. sci class...2301. supposed to be easy, but they "drop you in on the deep end and let you drown". I am lucky that i saw the crap before, otherwise i would be dead....morons, they are all morons. One guy asks everything, is this going to be on the test? is that? are you going to help us on the test. The bastard doesnt shut the hell up. 2 girls in that one, both uglllllyyyy.

Be prepared, the higher up you go in comp sci classes, the uglier the girls get. ;)

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Smolek
Originally posted by: QTPie
Two pieces of advice:
1) Ace the class. Take advantage of the easy class to bump your average up.
2) You don't get too many easy classes in University. Enjoy this one. It will change all too suddenly :)
Yep, totally agree.

I second that. The first 2 years it is easy to get a A or B, but the last year it is almost unheard of for more than one or two people out of a class of 45 to get a A. So ACE those easy classes now so when you do get to your last classes it will not hurt as bad.

JonathanM

Mar 4, 2002
Originally posted by: CPA
Originally posted by: JonathanM
I had four classes like that in two seperate semesters.

One was a general hardware class, finished every test in 10 min.
One was an intro to programming class, got a perfect 100.

One was a Intro to networking class.
Fourth one was a C++ class.

Of course during the second week of the last two weeks i was given a forced vacation.

So for anyone who can learn for me. Never throw a 17" monitor in front of a class full of people. :eek:

Can you expand on the throwing the monitor part?

I can... but I'm not going to. :p

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: jpucci1
Originally posted by: oLLie
Originally posted by: Ameesh
Originally posted by: minendo
anyone taking a totally stupid computer class where you know more than the teacher?
What's a computer?

don't you mean who is a computer?

What does "a" mean?

in english or binary?

i know this is a little late, but that was funny hahaha

bmd

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
Originally posted by: oLLie
Originally posted by: Ameesh
Originally posted by: minendo
anyone taking a totally stupid computer class where you know more than the teacher?
What's a computer?

don't you mean who is a computer?

What does "a" mean?

in english or binary?

i know this is a little late, but that was funny hahaha
Where's the any key?