Stuff you've gotten Curbside Express?

Nomada

Banned
Apr 27, 2005
A couple days ago I got a 17" Dell crt.
I found a 27" tv awhile ago.
P3 633
Sony mini hi-fi
two quality desks and numerous other furnishings(all within the last year)

So what about you folks?

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
a 15" computer monitor
a B&W video monitor
a complete monopoly game
probably a few other things as well.

Black88GTA

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
A gas grill w/tank
Oscillating room fan (using right now :))
2 vacuum cleaners
small coffee table
round short table

That's all I can think of right now.

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
Almost new thermostatically controlled window/box fan with a cat/dog-chewed power cord. Changed the cord and I was good to go.

Floor lamp with a burned out bulb.

Nothing else that I can remember that's any good. I have all the furnishings and electronics I need, and have absolutely zero room in my small apartment for more, so it's been awhile since I picked anything up. In fact, I've put out good stuff myself lately due to lack of space. I guess I'm rich now. (NOT!)

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
a couple variacs

i actually got them from the dump. lmao. i was dumping stuff and saw them. woot.

this was years and years ago.. the appliances and household waste was split so it wasnt like it was filthy.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
my computer chair ;)
a few glasses, a few busted monitors we threw off our college room balcony...not much else :p

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Are you guys talking about when the neighborhood have their annual thing where people drop of large pieces of trash to the curb? I remember my parents use to do it when they first came to the states. Is that what you guys are talking about? Pardon my ignorance.

Trygve

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2001
Maybe this counts because it was from the curbside, but several years ago I was escaping from a strip of warehouse stores (Best Buy, CompUSA, etc.) through the back of their lot and behind the Toys-R-Us was a huge rolloff dumpster and the employees were hauling out and throwing away their warehouse shelving and hardware (the big green-and-orange steel shelving you see in Sam's Club and places like that). I asked what the story was and they explained that the manager had told them to get rid of all ther warehouse shelving and then they were going to buy all new warehouse shelving. They said that I was welcome to anything I wanted as long as I got it before the rollowff dumpster got picked up next week.

So for several days I made a couple of trips a day with as much of the shelving I could stack on top of my jeep without the tires blowing up. I've got a three-car garage with a loft, but it's pretty big for a three-car garage since it's got extra-high ceilings and one of the spaces is designed to fit an RV. So I built what was for a time a "Jungle Gym" of industrial shelving (with spaces for cars and "bridges" going across up above. That was a lot of fun, but now it's all filled with computer equipment and grip-and-electric.

I don't know how much it would have cost to buy, but it made me happy. That Toys-R-Us closed down about a year later.

DrumminBoy

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2002
We have this every year also...one year I was out mowing the lawn, and when I finished I left the mower within maybe 8-10 ft of where all the junk was on the curb...within 10 mins somebody came and tried taking it, luckily my dad was outside at the time and stopped them

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: DrumminBoy
We have this every year also...one year I was out mowing the lawn, and when I finished I left the mower within maybe 8-10 ft of where all the junk was on the curb...within 10 mins somebody came and tried taking it, luckily my dad was outside at the time and stopped them

lol