Stuff you didn't know and probably don't care about

Page 52 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
24bhxhghzm851.png

Those people in Finland seem lazy and/or unimaginative.

• Haha
Reactions: lxskllr

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I saw a documentary several years ago where they devoted a whole segment to this guy.

He's the original Terminator.

reporter: what do you love to do Simo?

Simo: Oh my. So many things. I love hunting Nazis. I love killing Nazis. I love to dream about killing hundreds of Nazis - one by one. It's hard to really appreciate killing a Nazi without watching him die.

reporter: Well, you are certainly amazing. I'm a little worried about what you're going to do when you run out of Nazis though. I guess you can burn that bridge when you get there.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I saw a documentary several years ago where they devoted a whole segment to this guy.

He's the original Terminator.

reporter: what do you love to do Simo?

Simo: Oh my. So many things. I love hunting Nazis. I love killing Nazis. I love to dream about killing hundreds of Nazis - one by one. It's hard to really appreciate killing a Nazi without watching him die.

reporter: Well, you are certainly amazing. I'm a little worried about what you're going to do when you run out of Nazis though. I guess you can burn that bridge when you get there.
He was actually fighting the soviets, he never fought again after he was injury in 1940, the Nazi's were actually allied with the Fins in the continuation war ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Wow
Reactions: Charmonium

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Gotta leave soon, so I can't do much research, but these cavalry masks are pretty nifty. Super impressive craftsmanship, and very lifelike. Can't imagine what it would have cost to have something like that made.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
only two American senators have ever been assassinated, Huey Long and Bobby Kennedy. Both died at 42, and both because of their political beliefs, not for any personal reason.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

this is really cool, i love how they are able to restore some of these old films to give us a glimpse of life back then

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The Coot is a bird.
So calling someone an old coot really isnt much of an insult. No different than calling someone an old eagle or old owl.

Reactions: mopardude87