Stuff you didn't know and probably don't care about

Page 49 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
i wouldn't want to be caught with it though....unless you'd like to 'donate' a whole bunch of cash to the cops/sellers

I got a friend who been smoking since the 1970s and shes always ranting about how since its been legal its been shit. She keeps on about thai weed being the best still. I had AK47 imported from Mexico back in like 2018 and i saw veteran smokers just like me doing a 2 hit quit. My face and shit was so red and so teary eye, yeah i was GONE. Maybe its very close to that but my friend didn't believe me about the 2 hit quit. I barely got the second hit in, yeah that was stout as fuck.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
Brown is not really a colour. It's just dark orange. So that means anyone with brown hair is technically a ginger.

No.

There are two pigments in human hair, one that is brown/black and one which is yellow to orange. The concentrations of the two pigments determine hair color. Blondes are technically the gingers, that's the same yellow/orange pigment dominating in different levels. Technically there is no black hair, it's just really really dark brown and our eyes can't see the difference.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I got a friend who been smoking since the 1970s and shes always ranting about how since its been legal its been shit. She keeps on about thai weed being the best still. I had AK47 imported from Mexico back in like 2018 and i saw veteran smokers just like me doing a 2 hit quit. My face and shit was so red and so teary eye, yeah i was GONE. Maybe its very close to that but my friend didn't believe me about the 2 hit quit. I barely got the second hit in, yeah that was stout as fuck.
Thai sticks where interesting the first couple of times you see them , the quality was better than the homegrown stuff they where selling around here unless you lucked out and got some great hydroponic stuff from the bikers...someone would walk in with a dime bag of it in their pockets and you could still smell it...
Thai Sticks:
iu

Reactions: mopardude87

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005

Ringo Starr's video for "You're Sixteen". When this was shot Ringo was near40 and singing about his 16 year old girlfriend. Not sure if you could get away with that now. The girl in the video is of course Carrie Fisher and she was 21 at the time, so maybe that made it okay. The thing you didn't know is that the song is one of the few rock songs ever to hit #1 on the charts with a "kazoo sound" in it and Paul McCartney is credited in the liner notes as the kazoo player. However, Paul did not really play the kazoo. If you listen carefully, that's Paul singing background vocals imitating the kazoo with his voice.

Last edited:

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
.someone would walk in with a dime bag of it in their pockets and you could still smell it...
Thai Sticks:
I got a story about smells for you :D

Before it was legal here and it required a rec, i had a good friend who would sell some good stuff. Before i really got into it, i used to make little trips out to this spot called Ventura to pick this up for various friends and family. One time me and the ex wife agreed to pick up a $20 spot for her uncle. I insist out of some paranoia perhaps that this man double baggy it up. The ex wife gets the idea to stick it in her bra. Oh man what a MISTAKE. With the summer heat,Her chest acted as some sort of humidifier and OH yeah entire car was almost fuming with the smell. :D We pulled over an aired out the entire car, made so little difference it seemed and i had my shitting pants on if a cop JUST managed to come our way. Got lucky as we never saw a single.

After that experience, my car turned into a trap car of sorts. I had stuff hidden under the dash of my 1967 Dodge dart and shit. I had stuff hidden in the plastic kick panels on the floor. The air boxes had some too! I had thoughts about hiding some of it in the dog dish caps till i realized the weed would be burning like sage from the heat of the drum brakes just going to work. :D

So glad its legal and now i can laugh at this entire experience.

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Be interesting to see it relative to total GDP. Had no idea the UK extracted so much loot from foreigner visitors.

I read that Italy is going to suffer badly due to Covid19 clobbering tourism. They may not be alone.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yak Shaving is doing progressively more projects while moving away from your original goal.

I did it all the time in the Navy but never knew it had a proper term.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
"Billie Jean" is about a woman who wrote Michael Jackson in 1981 claiming he was the father of one of her twins.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I was bored and looked it up.
Forza is italian for Force.
So Forza Motorsport means Force Motorsport.
Which makes sense.
Force Horizon doesn't really make sense.

Also, its pronounced "Fort Za". Not "Four Za".

Reactions: r4sh1d

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I was bored and looked it up.
Forza is italian for Force.
So Forza Motorsport means Force Motorsport.
Which makes sense.
Force Horizon doesn't really make sense.
How do you feel about "Burnout: Paradise" and "Super Mario Sunshine?" The last word doesn't have to directly relate to the first.