• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Study proves liberal profs discriminate

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I like how people try to redefine something so they can feel better about themselves.

What gives them the right to redefine something that the government has no right to even be a part of?
Wait, what? This post is nonsensical.

They don't care how private people define marriage, they care how the government defines it. What gives them the right to alter the government's definition is the same thing that gave people the right to set up government's definition to begin with. ie: they are citizens of the country affected by the law.

You realize that you can go get married without the government interfering at all right? You don't have to go notify them and you can have a purely religious ceremony. Problem solved!

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Frankly it feels pretty gross to be lumped into the same group with organizations as disgusting as Focus on the Family or the FRC.
You do know that many gay groups are also anti-Christian? lol It is the same thing. Except the pro gay groups are way more provacative. Six in one half dozen in the other. You're just blind to that. Except one group does not have to redefine words to make them feel better.

you will not understand I know...

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Wait, what? This post is nonsensical.

They don't care how private people define marriage, they care how the government defines it. What gives them the right to alter the government's definition is the same thing that gave people the right to set up government's definition to begin with. ie: they are citizens of the country affected by the law.

You realize that you can go get married without the government interfering at all right? You don't have to go notify them and you can have a purely religious ceremony. Problem solved!
So what gives gays the right to redefine marriage? Sorry it is late!

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Since the thread is morphing into a discussion about gay unions and marriages and such, does that mean we have all come to an agreement that it is true that liberal professors discriminate against conservatives?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
So you are saying that when gay people complain they cannot get married they are spewing BS.

And they are really complaining that the government is interfering with their private lives, but not interfering?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
1.) I asked you when you thought Bush should pop the housing bubble. You said 2003 at the latest.

2.) If the popping the housing bubble was such an obvious thing to do why didnt Kerry make that part of his attack on Bush? Did John Kerry agree with Bush's handling?

EDIT: The reason the question is so hard to answer is because it is like asking if you want to be raped in the mouth or the butt.
Last chance before I just go back to making fun of you about your misogyny. Was Bush's policy the correct one? Yes/No?

There are tons of totally smart and useful policy positions that don't make for good campaign platforms for attack. Also, and more importantly, the actions of John Kerry do not excuse the actions of Bush. I'm not sure how you don't know that. See you complain about people not addressing you on substance, and then you act like this.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So what gives gays the right to redefine marriage? Sorry it is late!
I already answered that. Gay people have the same right as anyone else to decide what our legal definition of marriage is. They are citizens just like anyone else.

What I want to know is why you would think certain groups of people wouldn't have the right to have input into our legal definitions. That's a monstrous idea.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
lol I gotta run I know eskimo cannot see things from the other side. I understand gays or some want to have the same protections as marriages affords and i'm not really against that. But just don't redefine marriage. Oh and Yes I have gotten discriminated against from a lib prof but she made such an ass out of herself it was worth it.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
I already answered that. Gay people have the same right as anyone else to decide what our legal definition of marriage is. They are citizens just like anyone else.

What I want to know is why you would think certain groups of people wouldn't have the right to have input into our legal definitions. That's a monstrous idea.
nevermind you wouldn't get that... why bother.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Last chance before I just go back to making fun of you about your misogyny. Was Bush's policy the correct one? Yes/No?

There are tons of totally smart and useful policy positions that don't make for good campaign platforms for attack. Also, and more importantly, the actions of John Kerry do not excuse the actions of Bush. I'm not sure how you don't know that. See you complain about people not addressing you on substance, and then you act like this.
In an ideal world it would have most likely been the best course of action to pop the housing bubble earlier

but

1.) No president is going to take action to tank the economy on purpose
2.) If he had the Democrats would have crucified him for doing so.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Funny. How that seems to be much more inline with what the left believes.

I mean just look how at how they treat CFA for having an input into the legal definition of marriage.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Off topic post, not meant to add but only derail. Classic troll post. You would do well to just delete it and save yourself the problems you are causing yourself.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Thread was derailed as soon as nehalem started posting. That idiot eskimospy feeding the trolls didn't help any.

Seriously, look at this crap:

There is no devil. If I get a 15 year old girl pregnant in California I can go the jail for statutory rape, because she is not old enough to make choices about her body, but then she can turn around and make choices about her body to get an abortion.
Of course. Liberals love to say they are tolerant...when it is a lie. They claim the meaning of tolerance is being intolerant of the views of others...
The lefties are sure doing everything they can to derail a reasonable political thread.

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
So you now admit you were trolling. Good for you for being honest, bad for you for breaking forum rules.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Moving up from trolling to lying, eh?

Your own post admits that you recognized the thread was derailed:

Since the thread is morphing into a discussion about gay unions and marriages and such
but when I add a comment to the mess, you all of a sudden go back, change your mind, and try to bluster that it is all my fault. Who do you think you're fooling with that line? Yourself, to be sure, but don't you realize that not everyone is so eager to be deceived as you are?

Last edited:

Jhhnn

No Lifer
Nov 11, 1999
Says the guy who has repeatedly post charts that contradicted his views

see

1.) Blaming Reagan for the lack in rise in wages vs GDP. Then posting a chart that showed this started in the 1970s to prove this.

2.) Blaming Bush for the Housing Bubble. While posting a chart showing that the housing bubble was already the largest in history in 2001 when Bush took office.
Remarkable set of false attributions intended as duh-version. Standard for you, I suppose.

Both of you "points" have been debunked repeatedly, and neither one have anything to do with the topic at hand...

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Since the thread is morphing into a discussion about gay unions and marriages and such, does that mean we have all come to an agreement that it is true that liberal professors discriminate against conservatives?
When you write a non sequitur in response to post, are you conceding that the writer of the earlier post was correct and that you're an idiot?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
When you write a non sequitur in response to post, are you conceding that the writer of the earlier post was correct and that you're an idiot?
No, I am not doing what you routinely do. Thanks for asking the question.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Moving up from trolling to lying, eh?

Your own post admits that you recognized the thread was derailed:

but when I add a comment to the mess, you all of a sudden go back, change your mind, and try to bluster that it is all my fault. Who do you think you're fooling with that line? Yourself, to be sure, but don't you realize that not everyone is so eager to be deceived as you are?
It's already clearly been established that cybrsage is a liar. He's just back from a 3-day ban for lying, immediately after returning from a 2-week ban for trolling. Just take a look at:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=33775246&postcount=179

ASK THE COMMUNITY