Study: Ice Cream Isn't Healthy

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
If the study uncovered some hidden facts in the way these asshat food producers label their products, then it was well worth it. We all know that ice cream isn't good for you, but if you factor one of the "healthier" brands into your diet with a controlled portion, then later find out you actually ate 10 times the fat/calories you thought, that would be insanely wrong

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Spooner
If the study uncovered some hidden facts in the way these asshat food producers label their products, then it was well worth it. We all know that ice cream isn't good for you, but if you factor one of the "healthier" brands into your diet with a controlled portion, then later find out you actually ate 10 times the fat/calories you thought, that would be insanely wrong
Naturally, this will trigger a new class-action lawsuit against the ice cream industry where idiots blame their obesity on misleading labels.
rolleye.gif

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Fausto1
Naturally, this will trigger a new class-action lawsuit against the ice cream industry where idiots blame their obesity on misleading labels.
rolleye.gif
I'm not saying that that is right, the point I was trying to make here is that even a health-concious person can get screwed over by misleading, no, worse... wrongly labeled food items.

I know I generally look at labels when making food choices and while I know what is generally good for me and not good for me, it would upset me to no end finding out later that the labels I've been reading were wrong

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
rolleye.gif

mislabeling is illegal

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Reminds me of all the fat fscks here at work who load their trays to the breaking point with food and then wash it all down with a nice tall Diet Coke. WTF is the point? There's 5x more calories in the gallon of ranch dressing you put on your cheese and bacon-laden salad than you're saving by not having a regular Coke. Morons. :|
A friend of mine does this. He eats a lot, remains skinny, but needs the diet drinks since he was born diabetic.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix
rolleye.gif

mislabeling is illegal
I'm not disputing that, I'm just saying that extrapolating an ice cream label into the sole reason for obesity (which will undoubtedly happen) is absurd.