Study: Army women hurt more in combat training + more mental issues

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
That's not to say the IOC is easy by any means, it has about a 25% attrition rate for males. They fail it also. But females are 0-29 in the 2.5 years it was open to them. A lot due to injury and just not being able to finish. Carrying so much weight for so long can be horrible on your joints. Twist an ankle with all that weight and its a real problem. This isn't the fucking Chairforce basic training or whatever its called.

From a female who tried it, who seems pretty bad ass in her own right; https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...a83ea0-b145-11e3-a49e-76adc9210f19_story.html

keird

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
That's not at all what happened.

Women were already allowed in the military, and they were the ones to request combat positions.

lol

lulz[.ppt file]

Yeah. I wonder how many of those women that you think are clamoring to be a rifleman. This whole thing is a farcical pile of bull.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
That's not to say the IOC is easy by any means, it has about a 25% attrition rate for males. They fail it also. But females are 0-29 in the 2.5 years it was open to them. A lot due to injury and just not being able to finish. Carrying so much weight for so long can be horrible on your joints. Twist an ankle with all that weight and its a real problem. This isn't the fucking Chairforce basic training or whatever its called.

From a female who tried it, who seems pretty bad ass in her own right; https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...a83ea0-b145-11e3-a49e-76adc9210f19_story.html

interesting read.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
So how do the Israelis do it? They seem to have an integrated military.

My worry through all of this was lowering of standards to get women where they want to go. If lowering of standards doesnt affect job performance. Then I dont have a problem. But if we are going to lower the standards just to shit more people through a program. That is going to create a problem of combat readiness\effectiveness for our units. The last thing we want to do as a nation is turn our military into a battlefield for social justice. The military is there for defense. Not to make people feel good about their gender or political agenda.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

My worry through all of this was lowering of standards to get women where they want to go. If lowering of standards doesnt affect job performance. Then I dont have a problem. But if we are going to lower the standards just to shit more people through a program. That is going to create a problem of combat readiness\effectiveness for our units. The last thing we want to do as a nation is turn our military into a battlefield for social justice. The military is there for defense. Not to make people feel good about their gender or political agenda.

We could have a frontline unit of Social Justice Warriors. It would be interesting to see how they would fare against a pack of Islamic jihadis. Don't want to think about what would happen to them if they got captured alive....

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...oles-in-israel-defense-forces-exagg/?page=all

But a closer look shows Israeli women are not in direct combat special operations such as the Green Berets. Nor are they in front-line combat brigades mobilized to engage in direct heavy combat.

In the infantry, virtually all of Israel’s female combat soldiers are confined to two light battalions — the Caracal and the Lions of Jordan — which are assigned to guard the borders with Egypt and Jordan, the only Arab countries that have peace treaties with Israel.

Again, I am not advocating that women shouldn't be in our military. I am pulling this number out of my ass, but I think they can do about 97% of our military jobs. Just not the front line, ground pounding warfare. For the reasons I have listed. I could go on and on with examples of why I believe this, and facts. The three main points are, lack of strength and endurance, unit cohesion and with the logistical issues.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...oles-in-israel-defense-forces-exagg/?page=all

Again, I am not advocating that women shouldn't be in our military. I am pulling this number out of my ass, but I think they can do about 97% of our military jobs. Just not the front line, ground pounding warfare. For the reasons I have listed. I could go on and on with examples of why I believe this, and facts. The three main points are, lack of strength and endurance, unit cohesion and with the logistical issues.

Plus a decided lack of propensity towards violence. 88% of all murderers in the US are men. Man are much better attuned to their primal murderous nature than women. Most NORMAL women have too much empathy to make good killers. This is not a knock on them, it is evolution. Visit any primitive culture in the Amazon basin. The men do the hunting, fighting, killing, etc..... never the women.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Plus a decided lack of propensity towards violence. 88% of all murderers in the US are men. Man are much better attuned to their primal murderous nature than women. Most NORMAL women have too much empathy to make good killers. This is not a knock on them, it is evolution. Visit any primitive culture in the Amazon basin. The men do the hunting, fighting, killing, etc..... never the women.

You're right, in almost every instance it is the man that does these things. We are more aggressive, it's just in us more than women. It's not a slight on women. As I said early on, I think females do some things better than men. We're different, and it should just be accepted. But in this day and age, everyone has to be equal and universally accepted.

It is what it is, and trying to force females into something that will not add, but take away from just to make females "equal" is idiotic.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
We could have a frontline unit of Social Justice Warriors. It would be interesting to see how they would fare against a pack of Islamic jihadis. Don't want to think about what would happen to them if they got captured alive....

They would immediately whirl around and start firing at their cis white scum allies because SJW's loudly and proudly support islam.

And if they got captured alive, they'd loudly apologize on their rapists' behalf with every stroke. "I know you don't mean it! *ow* It was our cultural inappropriation *ow* we respect you deeply for your cultural differences! *ow*" :twisted:

Feb 16, 2005
They would immediately whirl around and start firing at their cis white scum allies because SJW's loudly and proudly support islam.

And if they got captured alive, they'd loudly apologize on their rapists' behalf with every stroke. "I know you don't mean it! *ow* It was our cultural inappropriation *ow* we respect you deeply for your cultural differences! *ow*" :twisted:

you can make anything up, cause, you know, it's the interwebs, and "people are saying..."

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
islam or radical islam? I mean, there is a significant difference between the two, no? I support no religion, far too many wackos in each doctrine.
I'm in the same boat, but what I do notice is I can shit talk Christianity till I am blue in the face and no one bats an eye, speak any truth about the many flaws and dogmas in Islam and the Liberal PC police go to Defcon 1.

Little hypocritical is all I find it.. well a lot actually.