Student Letters to Pres Bush

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Little kids do not have the ability to considering things in the big picture. That is why little kids are not trusted with too much responsability and need to be watched over by adults. As we grow older we are supposed to develope the ability to consider our actions and the actions of others in context, not just as individual actions. Sad to say, but that seems to be a stage of development many people skipped. Many people on both sides of the issue seem to have this "little kid" mentality, although I seem to see if more from anti-war people.

"War is bad" is essentially the message these little kids are sending. Nothing more. And oddly enough, this is all you get from most anti-war people. Well of course war is bad, I doubt you'd find anyone on either side of the issue that would argue otherwise. What many people (these little kids among them) fail to consider is the far reaching consequences of this war. The little kids have an excuse, adults do not.

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
funny how all these "kids" refference the exact same themes to the point of seming like they were writen by the same person.

How many 8 year olds in Vietnam do you think even know who Martin Luther King was? Or Jimmy Carter?

Pure BS if you ask me

BamBam215

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2000
I work in a school and personally talked with kids about what they feel with what's going on in the world. Keeping in mind that these are 5th graders (a lot older than some of those kids who wrote those letters), and even they have no concept of what's going on. Everytime I ask them why they feel the way they do, they tell me because the news said so. And their excuse for being against the war changes everyday, including because Bush is ugly.

SpideyCU

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: BamBam215
And their excuse for being against the war changes everyday, including because Bush is ugly.
LOL, you coulda told me that some posters in this forums said the same thing and I would've believed you. Some of their signatures are just as mature.

Oh, but I'd best be silent or else I'll get pinned as a war-mongering zealot by our local fanatical sect.

Dangermouse33

Mar 9, 2001
At least the kids arn't growing up as warmongers. They'll have plenty of time to think about things in the future.

Morph

Banned
Oct 14, 1999
I have no problem with Bush being ugly. I do have a problem with him being dumb as a rock, though.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Morph
I have no problem with Bush being ugly. I do have a problem with him being dumb as a rock, though.

But you don't have a problem with yourself? hmm...

KK

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Morph

Morph
Stop makin up the news stories, ok guys? Think like a news reporter, if you don't have the facts then don't print the story.

Morph, if you followed your own advice you wouldn't have near as many posts.

Are you sure you aren't Moonbeam, the similarities are striking?

bulldawg

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: althor27
It is clearly obvious that these children have no idea what we are fighting for. You on the other hand have no such excuse. Have a nice day.
rolleye.gif

Ahh, the future leaders of America.