Strippers help tease back New Orleans nightlife!

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - In a sign that things may be returning to normal in New Orleans, strip shows are back in the city's famous French Quarter.

Erotic dancers and strippers are entertaining crowds of police, firefighters and military personnel instead of the usual audiences of drunken conventioneers and tourists in Bourbon Street's Deja Vu club, which reopened this week.

It's the first strip joint to resume business, three weeks after Hurricane Katrina struck in the worst natural disaster ever to hit the United States.

"It's nice to get back to work, and all these men need some entertainment," Dawn Beasley, 27, a dancer at the club, said on Tuesday night. "They haven't seen anybody but their buddies for two weeks."

The crowd hooted and hollered as women peeled off their tops and gyrated, as customers tucked tips into their G-strings.

"This is our first time off the ship and it's great," said one young sailor as he left the club. He declined to give his name or say where he was stationed.

"It's good to see the businesses getting back up and bringing the city back," another sailor said.

New Orleans' strip clubs have long been a fixture of Bourbon Street, where marquees promise everything from "barely legal" dancers to transvestite divas. Photos of the seedy shows inside the clubs line the windows, next to scores of bars in the district that draws tourists from around the globe.

The city's dusk-to-dawn curfew failed to prevent the Deja Vu from staying open to the early hours, with blaring music and neon lights spilling out into the Quarter, most of which remained bathed in darkness in the aftermath of the storm.

"We were open till two last night, just long enough to get the testosterone flowing," Beasley said.

Only a handful of restaurants and bars in the Quarter have reopened in recent days, serving food and drinks -- usually without charge -- to rescue workers and military who stream through the mostly empty streets. The Deja Vu waived its cover charge, drinks were selling for $3 and a private dance was available for just $1

Strippers help tease back New Orleans nightlife :Q

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein
The Deja Vu waived its cover charge, drinks were selling for $3 and a private dance was available for just $1
thats a savings of about $40 right there! this should be in hot deals! ;)

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
See, I would have looted some strippers if I were there. Beer? Sneakers? Bah.... :D

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Originally posted by: anxi80
The Deja Vu waived its cover charge, drinks were selling for $3 and a private dance was available for just $1

Not really. In some parts of the world, couple of bucks will get you far more than peep show.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Naustica
Not really. In some parts of the world, couple of bucks will get you far more than peep show.
well granted if it was t.j., that $40 savings would make a guy go from dud to stud by the end of the night. of course, then there's the hangover the next morning plus the trip to the free clinic. which reminds me...

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Naustica
Originally posted by: anxi80

And I could sell you for a dollar in some parts of the world. Your point is worthless.

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
I noticed the strip joint on the corner was open tonight when I left work.

First signs of normalcy for New Orleans.

:camera:'s? :D