Strange Slight "Mouse Lag(?)" behavior in RSV2...

szvwxcszxc

Nov 29, 2012
I just opened RSV2 (Rainbow Six Vegas 2) for the first time in like a year, yesterday.

It had a weird mouse lag. I lowered ALL the graphics setting, exact same thing (zero performance difference than max everything graphics). So can't be a graphics issue. Not directly anyway. I mean, can't be low-powered graphics.

I call it "mouse lag" because I don't know how to describe it. When running around and looking around, the looking around felt slightly choppy, like skipping every other millimeter as you move the mouse. Rather annoying.

Thing is, I then played Battlefield 3 in ULTRA max everything, no issues. Perfectly smooth.
Assassins Creed 3 also has no issues.

Also, I have 80mbps internet connection. Definitely not internet issue.

So what's causing this in RSV2??

Last edited:

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
If it's mouse latency then odds are it's Vsync being on, vsync adds artificial delays to displaying frames and so increases apparent input latency try forcing that off.

I think this game is using the unreal engine, from memory alone I believe they force some really awful frame smoothing feature which tries to force your frame rate to a certain range, you can disable this in the ini config files, you'll have to do some research online, I believe the ini values are something like bsmoothframerate, that should get you started.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I had a similar problem in RSLV2 as well. In the end I never really worked out why it was happening. My hardware was more than capable of playing it, and messing around vsync didn't really help much. My best guess is that the game is using its own buffering mechanism and in addition to the modern DX buffering its adding a lot of latency.