Question Strange blocking with JDownloader and Google Drive

Perene

Oct 12, 2014
In September 2021 Google has introduced a change in old files, I noticed that all my files/folders from 2018 (or older) had this thing applied to them:

So let's say I shared a video with you, and you visited this link before this date.

You'll still have access to it. But if you only knew the old link, then I (the owner of such file) would have to visit my own account, then generate a new link for you.

Example: old link before Sep 2021: hfdksjhfdksjhfksdhf93784298472

New link after this month: hfdksjhfdksjhfksdhf93784298472??resourcekey=hkhksfh9023

Of course all recent links from GD didn't have this change, so they are all 100% fine.

There's a software known worldwide that is used to mass-download Google Drive files/folders:

However I noticed it's not allowing me anymore to download ANY old file using resourcekey. I can list dozens of examples in which this happens. No matter what I do, the download doesn't start. Only the new ones, not using this.

My contention with the admins of this program is that they swear the problem is limited to my computer, and claim they are able to download * ANY LINK *.

So I promised them to ask someone else that is unrelated to me if they are capable of downloading a test link I am going to inform below.

If any of you can, then this is the ultimate confirmation the problem is exclusive to my side.

If you can't, then the GD plugin is broken and this confirms what I've been saying to them for a while. And this also means they can't deny this fact any longer.

If there's an error, then it will say one of these two:

SKIPPED - ACCOUNT MISSING
or
Insufficient permissions/private file or quota reached

Just so you can see, this is a recent link that even I can download:

In case you want to add a GOOGLE account to JDW, this is how it's done:

But for the purpose of that test, they explained it isn't necessary.

I appreciate if someone can help me on this.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I have never used JD2 for google drive before your test, but use it a lot for other sites. That doesn't mean I'm SUPER familiar with all its bells and whistles but it usually works fine for me to just drag or copy links, one at a time for sites it supports. That's all I needed of it. Every now and then it fails to auto-start downloads despite being set to do so, but that's not related, I can't even force start your first link.

Your first GD link would not download, stated Skipped - Account is missing. I have not added a google account to JD2. I have no problem opening that link in my browser instead. I am logged into google with that browser I tried, if that matters.

Your second GD link downloads fine with JD2. I am using the latest version - Jan 10 build.

Last edited:

Perene

Oct 12, 2014
I have never used JD2 for google drive before your test, but use it a lot for other sites. That doesn't mean I'm SUPER familiar with all its bells and whistles but it usually works fine for me to just drag or copy links, one at a time for sites it supports. That's all I needed of it. Every now and then it fails to auto-start downloads despite being set to do so, but that's not related, I can't even force start your first link.

Your first GD link would not download, stated Skipped - Account is missing. I have not added a google account to JD2. I have no problem opening that link in my browser instead. I am logged into google with that browser I tried, if that matters.

Your second GD link downloads fine with JD2. I am using the latest version - Jan 10 build.
Thank you for the reply. I am already in touch with JDW's admin and have explained to him (multiple times) this is only affecting 2018 or older links which use resourcekey URLs.

He refused to accept this perhaps because he visited the links before, in his browser. That's why he probably couldn't see the error.

The thing with these links is that after Sep 2021 Google turned ALL of them into private. So the owner needs to visit his account and generate new URLs. (Note: with Youtube the same thing happened, with unlisted videos).

But if mindless1 Google account visited the affected URL in the past, then he is already granted forever access to them.

It's like just looking into it gives you superpowers of not needing to know the * new URL * with resourcekey written to it. (And yes, before that change the URLs were shorter, now they have this feature added to them, making the URL longer. If you never visited the old URL then you either need to know the new one or request access to the owner).

So let's all assume mindless1 Google account is logged in his PC browser. If he adds his GD account to JDOWNLOADER (following these steps): https://support.jdownloader.org/Knowledgebase/Article/View/account-cookie-login-instructions

And then tries to view that old file with the resourcekey URL...

JDW will, in a future attempt, download just fine.

That's what I realized about this "bug".

I sent a 3 minute video capture to JDW's staff showing this to be the case.

mauro1080

Feb 16, 2022
I can confirm that i have this problem with google drive since yesterday, day 15. And with NEW files too (include files i have uploaded to my drive account!!!!!). So, i think compatibility JD protocol with google drive is broken now, i think. So JD team has to work on it ASOP. Download from browser is normal. Using Flag cookies plugin on Firefox ans paste on password config for google drive (on JD) doesnt seems to work either.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Your first GD link would not download, stated Skipped - Account is missing. I have not added a google account to JD2.

I just tried that link again, still doesn't work but now a different message:

Various Files (row) - (status column) An Error occurred! (drive.google.com)
Metal Gear Solid *** - (status) Try restarting this link (plugin outdated?)

I'm using JD2 latest version (has updated itself since this topic started).

Perene

Oct 12, 2014
This is a new issue they are working on it:

The one I reported in this thread is a different problem totally unrelated.

In this 2nd thread as you can see they decided not to do anything, since I didn't agree with someone totally snooping my computer.