STP Reunion! Yay!

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
From wikipedia:

On January 20, 2008, a Miami Herald blog reported that Scott said that the public "should be on the lookout for an STP reunion in the coming months." Billy Morrison also claimed on a December 29, 2007 edition of Camp Freddy Radio that STP have venues on hold for shows and that "it's no secret, half of LA knows it," implicating a reunion tour.

It was recently announced that STP will be headlining the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio this May, making the group's reunion official. [8]

Awesome!

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I'm glad I got to see them on the Purple tour. I haven't really cared much for any of their albums after that (Tiny Music did have a couple good tracks, at least).

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Never really been a fan, but I don't dislike their music either.

Edit: And yeah, everytime I hear their name, I can't help but think of the car care product brand.. lol

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
I'm glad I got to see them on the Purple tour. I haven't really cared much for any of their albums after that (Tiny Music did have a couple good tracks, at least).

I saw them on that tour as well, with the Meat Puppets I believe.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: effowe

That would have been nice, Redd Kross was opening up for them in Europe.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
Originally posted by: effowe

the meat puppets are a great band.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Weiland proved to me he was still a decent frontman (at least for a night) when I saw Velvet Revolver several months ago. IMHO Slash was the best performer onstage that night though. I would like to hear some old STP live, that would be sweet. Vaseline, Sex Type Thing... sign me up

Aluvus

Platinum Member
Apr 27, 2006
I like how every time I have seen this mentioned today, the person bringing it up assumes that people will understand that STP is supposed to refer to Stone Temple Pilots and provides no explanation whatsoever.

I Saw OJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: meltdown75
Weiland proved to me he was still a decent frontman (at least for a night) when I saw Velvet Revolver several months ago. IMHO Slash was the best performer onstage that night though. I would like to hear some old STP live, that would be sweet. Vaseline, Sex Type Thing... sign me up

Yep, saw VR few months back as well, they played some STP songs in the mix of VR songs. Just made me want to see STP live all that much more.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I haven't really cared much for any of their albums after that (Tiny Music did have a couple good tracks, at least).

Yep, pretty much my feelings.Core and Purple were great, Tiny Music began their downward spiral possibly due to too much white china.

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
unfortunately it's supposed to amount to nothing more than a short string of dates rather than a full-blown reunion. hopefully it works out and expands to something more significant (album and ~1,000-seat club tour would be nice)

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: daveshel
The oil treatment?

I was wondering how they'd bring Andy Granatelli back from the dead...till I Googled him and found out he's still alive...and 84. :disgust:

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: I Saw OJ
Originally posted by: meltdown75

Yep, saw VR few months back as well, they played some STP songs in the mix of VR songs. Just made me want to see STP live all that much more.
Did they play much GNR when you saw them? They had a nice mix of all 3 bands' tunes in Detroit. There was a 4-song acoustic set which included Patience... great show.