story ideas requested

edprush

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Any creative types here?

I'm looking for a story idea.

What reason would a successful 26-year old guy go home (from the big city) to his small town for a month?

All I can come up with is that he would do this because of a dying family member.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Your story already sounds beaten to death, but... when I went home for a month it was because I'd been overseas for a long time and wanted to hang out for a bit before getting set up in America again. Like.. a transitional period, went around seeing old friends and family and whatnot.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
- Death
- Long-lost love
- Interesting family history
- Inheriting a fortune
- Saving the town from something
- Finding a long-lost family member

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: edprush
Any creative types here?

What reason would a successful 26-year old guy go home (from the big city) to his small town for a month?

All I can come up with is that he would do this because of a dying family member.

Giving your two weeks notice huh?

Sep 29, 2004
Hurricane or Tornado hit where he lives. He went home till things got better. While there, he ran into his highschool sweetheart. Romance ensues.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: IHateMyJob2004
Hurricane or Tornado hit where he lives. He went home till things got better. While there, he ran into his highschool sweetheart. Romance ensues.

Starring Hugh Grant and Katie Holmes.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Found out a parent had terminal cancer and decided to spend as much time with them as possible before they passed...

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
So here's this idea: The guy got into a car accident in the big city and it just so happens that the guy he hit is from the same small town as he is. Your guy doesn't have any insurance, so the judge orders him to be the other guy's butler...

:D

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
He got a call saying that if he didn't do as the caller wanted, his ex-girlfriend dies and his image will be forever tainted. He does whatever he can to make the caller think he's still in the city as he heads home, but when he came home his ex-girlfriend is already murdered. The caller warned him that his image will be tainted and his ex-girlfriend will be dead and that's what happened. Cops come in after a neighbor says he heard a "loud noise" and he's now arrested for being the alleged killer.

*shrugs*

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
Originally posted by: edprush
Any creative types here?

Mid-20s guy... Back to small town... Dying/dead family member...

Are you writing Garden State 2?