Stormcloaks or Imperials?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stormclocks or Imperials?

• Stormcloaks

• Imperials

• Neither, i will kill both sides and drink the blood of their townspeople!

Results are only viewable after voting.

TakeNoPrisoners

Platinum Member
Jun 3, 2011
I chose the Stormcloaks because it kind of made me mad that they removed Talos, it isn't by the eight, it is by the nine! If you are going to swear, swear properly.

Also your title has a spelling error.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I chose the Stormcloaks because it kind of made me mad that they removed Talos, it isn't by the eight, it is by the nine! If you are going to swear, swear properly.

Also your title has a spelling error.

Well spotted :thumbsup:

Yeah it sucks they outlawed talos but from what i read here:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Great_War

The empire basically lost the war and had no choice, they managed to keep cyrodiil but they had nothing to continue fighting with and surrendered.

After fighting for the imperials in skyrim I really want to take the war to the dominion, invade summerset isle and wipe the elves out for good :thumbsup: Those thalmor justicars i find wandering around in 3's are easy pickings.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
I've gone with the Stormcloaks on this first playthrough. I do wish there were more sub-branches to the Civil War scenarios such as being able to a spy for one side and betray the other. Or betray both and kill all of them.

Malladine

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Haven't decided, I've visited Windhelm and am almost to Solitude. Gonna study both sides before I pick one.

JimmiG

Platinum Member
Feb 24, 2005
Wonder if there's going to be another "warp in the west" in TES VI? There will be some continuity issues as to which side actually took over which cities and which side won in the end...

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
I've gone with the Stormcloaks on this first playthrough. I do wish there were more sub-branches to the Civil War scenarios such as being able to a spy for one side and betray the other. Or betray both and kill all of them.
You can flip up to the part where
you get the jagged crown from the tomb.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
How can anyone join the imperials when at the start of the game they try to murder you??

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Well if you are not a Nord then i can see it. The Stormcloaks are the Stormcocks to everyone else. I'm a Nord and can't decide yet.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
Yeah, please elaborate?

I would buy as much iron ore and iron ingot and use all the leather I have for leather strips to make iron daggers. Its probably fastest way to up the smithing level at the end of each loot dump cycles. Then I would end up with about 40ish daggers to sell.

and to maximize my selling "experience" i sell off one at a time.
without "home" key, you would have to press or drag the amount to 1 manually. with home key it makes it much faster by "E" to sell and "home key" to select just 1, and E again to sell.

:cool:

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
I would buy as much iron ore and iron ingot and use all the leather I have for leather strips to make iron daggers. Its probably fastest way to up the smithing level at the end of each loot dump cycles. Then I would end up with about 40ish daggers to sell.

and to maximize my selling "experience" i sell off one at a time.
without "home" key, you would have to press or drag the amount to 1 manually. with home key it makes it much faster by "E" to sell and "home key" to select just 1, and E again to sell.

:cool:

So you're maximizing speechcraft by selling them individually? I'd rather avoid that in my playthrough since I don't want to level non-essential skills and potentially end up gimped, but I'll keep this in mind if I do a replay using a speechcraft focused character. :)

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
So you're maximizing speechcraft by selling them individually? I'd rather avoid that in my playthrough since I don't want to level non-essential skills and potentially end up gimped, but I'll keep this in mind if I do a replay using a speechcraft focused character. :)

that's the idea but I'm not sure if its working that well. it's been leveling very slowly where the smithing levels up very fast. speech isn't my focus at all :p, just want better deals selling stuff.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Haven't yet, but totally going Imperial. Stormcloaks and their "pure" blood...

Scooby Doo

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2006
Which did you pick?

Also, off topic but what happened to the dwarves? or dwemer.. or whatever.. i like how everything has two names, what normal people call them and what they call themselves :awe:

They're gone, either the entire race burned or was taken to another dimension/ascendant thousands of years ago when they activated Lorkhan's heart. Only one living dwemer exists (the corpus victim in the sanctuary in morrowind) and he was away when it happened. (There's also a ghost in Tribunal expansion) In fact, the Tribunal doesn't even know what happened to them (unless they were lieing) They're legacy is the cause for Morrowind (the keening, sunder, wraithguard and the powers of a fallen god)

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
that's the idea but I'm not sure if its working that well. it's been leveling very slowly where the smithing levels up very fast. speech isn't my focus at all :p, just want better deals selling stuff.

If you wanna level speechcraft, go to the black-briar meadery in Riften, talk to the man at the counter, then keep using the persuade option over and over.

I think I'll join the Stormcloaks. My character apparently is an Imperial (my first elder scrolls game, had no idea what I was doing), but Imperials seem to be pricks from what I've seen.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
Oh also did anyone else notice that the imperial general, tullies? is doc mitchell from fallout new vegas? This guy here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKIkw3LIoQ

I've never played Fallout NV but within 10 seconds of hearing his voice in Skyrim I knew it was Michael Hogan (he played the XO) from Battlestar Galactica. He has a very distinctive voice. As I was writing this I looked him up and saw he also did Mass Effect 2. I love it when quality actors do game voices.

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
Gotta go Imperial. Ulfric Stormcloak is basically Hitler and his whole city should die in a fiery inferno.

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Personally I have not decided yet but I think for this character I will side with the Imperials, seeing as I am one. but not anywhere near that. still exploring and doing small side quests have not really touch the main quest except up to the graybeards

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
Haven't yet, but totally going Imperial. Stormcloaks and their "pure" blood...

Gotta go Imperial. Ulfric Stormcloak is basically Hitler and his whole city should die in a fiery inferno.

Well said. Plus, the blacksmith in Riverwood, the first time you talk to him, explains that before Ulfric started his ethnic cleansing, everyone was allowed to keep their Talos shrines in their homes, and go about their lives with no Imperial interference. They only cracked down after the Stormcloaks made a mess of things.