News Storm Watch........Feb 11 2020

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
You could have taken any weather map from the last month or so, photocopied it and used it in place of any of the others. The same pattern has been locked in place since around New Years. Storm enters from west, follows the dip in the the jetstream down south towards the gulf where it strengthens. It then follows the other side of the dip up through the Missippis River valley towards the northeast where it becomes either rain or snow/sleet/freezing rain depending on which side of the front you're on.

Reactions: killster1

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
You could have taken any weather map from the last month or so, photocopied it and used it in place of any of the others. The same pattern has been locked in place since around New Years. Storm enters from west, follows the dip in the the jetstream down south towards the gulf where it strengthens. It then follows the other side of the dip up through the Missippis River valley towards the northeast where it becomes either rain or snow/sleet/freezing rain depending on which side of the front you're on.

Thanks Weather Girl....

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Wow, that's tough talk coming from a guy that starts a new thread every week because <GASP!!!!!!> it's snowing somewhere during the winter.
I was just kidding.....the weather girl was on TV talking about the Jet Stream and Gulf Moisture. I guess tone doesn't come thru a post. :)

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Getting snow squalls here now too, nothing crazy, I think it's more windy than anything really. Only like 5-10cm announced.

We have not really gotten any serious storms yet this year actually. Even smaller snowfalls like this, I think the south got more than we did. We have maybe like 2 feet of snow on the ground at most total.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I should probably go take snow off my solar panels tomorrow. Have not done that since like November, not sure how much weight they can handle. I can't take it all off because we got lot of weird warm weather over the year that caused it to crust, but I can at least skim the top layer of normal snow.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
After a couple of nice (no rain, but still only in the 40's) days, rain is coming back to the PNW.