Stop redirect after page loads?

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I am looking at a news site and when I click an article, the article fully loads, and will sit on the page with the article text for 2-3 seconds, but then I get an automatic redirect to another URL on the site with a page that says "you've reached your free limit for the month please subscribe bla bla bla." Is there any way to stop the redirect from being allowed?

mpo

Jan 8, 2010
Depending on the news site, there are several options.

Buy a subscription.

Search for the article through your favorite search engine.

Browse through your browser's private/incognito mode. That may help restart the number of articles you have accessed.

Some news sites (WSJ comes to mind) isn't quite as porous when it comes to legally bypassing a paywall.

matricks

Nov 19, 2014
There is an option for this in Firefox. Go to Settings, Advanced, General, and look for Accessibility. Something along the lines of "Warn me when a website tries to reload".

Dude111

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2010
dave_the_nerd said:
Clear your cookies.
Thats about the best way!!

I used to goto a site that limited GUEST viewing of threads... All ya had to do was CLEAR COOKIES and continue viewing :)

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
I am looking at a news site and when I click an article, the article fully loads, and will sit on the page with the article text for 2-3 seconds, but then I get an automatic redirect to another URL on the site with a page that says "you've reached your free limit for the month please subscribe bla bla bla." Is there any way to stop the redirect from being allowed?

It called pay for the newspaper.