x79 is their extreme line.

I saw how my CPU is not that behind with a 3960x . soo Im happy

This isn't your blog, TB
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

Phanuel

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2008
Every sub section is OT for Tweakboy. Well except for OT since he never goes there.

jhu

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Since you're waiting for Ivy Bridge-E anyway, you would have saved even more money with a Xeon E5 2603 instead.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Do what you think is best, ignore the rest.

Thanks AdamK47 for that advice. :)

Yes, please consider that advice. Had you done what you thought best, and not bothered the rest, then you wouldn't have had to create the following threads in which your goal was to have the rest tell you what was best :\ :hmm:

tweakboy reviews his 3820 vs Q6600 GO in Sonar X2 Producer
Also Im just going to connect all the drives and the SSD and power up the new rig,, will it boot right into windows 8 ????

Or will I get a BSOD or crash ?

I really need it to work... OR can I do a repair install ? or should I go into safe mode, alto I have no idea how to go into safe mode on Win8 .....thx gl

tweakboy just pulled the trigger on 3 parts. CPU/RAM/Mobo
After all of Anand forums help and my research I have decided on 3 parts I need to upgrade. CPU, MOBO, RAM. The rest I have.

I decided on the Sabertooth x79 LGA 2011 it has a PCI slot which I need for my sound card. It is quad channel. 8dimms military grade.

For RAM I decided on Corsair Vengeance Red 32GB 8GBx4 for 164.99
Sabertooth is 314.99
CPU is where Im kinda stuck. I have no idea what to get. I need a CPU that is 2011 socket. Should I pull the trigger on a Sandy E 3930k, or should I get a Ivy 3770k ? Then again the 3770k wont fit on a 2011 right ? Thanks all Love you all, gg and gl, :confused:

5 years is enough... tweakboy is in upgrade mode. Wait til I take my future baby to 5Ghz ,,, How much voltage would I need for 5Ghz ? 1.4v or what ? thanks again...

Im confused. 3770k or 3820k ?

Ivy Bridge 3820k to a Ivy E chip compatible mobo

Why not pay 1000 dollars for a CPU, yet we see TRI and QUAD SLI/XFIRE.

Im calling out Hexa Core owners.
Yup, the CPU for video editing and audio production. 12 threads wow.

Who has one of these chips like a Sandy Bridge E or top of line Ivy.

What are your thoughts on it, having payed about 600 dollars compared to a 260 dollars 2700k ? Thanks
When will Haswell ready motherboards be available ?

The overclocking potential of a Haswell chip.
Im asking this question cuz it seems like 10 years were stuck on 4Ghz with Sandy and Ivy overclocks. I have never seen someone on Anand with a Ivy OC of 5Ghz.

My wonders are, with a smaller fab and enhancements, will the hexacore Haswell or even quad core be able to overclock to 5Ghz + at appropriate cpu voltage. gl

Just think how much less time you'd have to spend making all these threads in the CPU subforum if you would just take the friendly advice quoted at the top of this post and stop bothering to listen to anyone but yourself, just do what you think is best, each and every time.

Problem solved. Right?

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Since you're waiting for Ivy Bridge-E anyway, you would have saved even more money with a Xeon E5 2603 instead.

I think he wanted some performance still while he waited. No HT and 1.8ghz wouldn't cut it I think.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Tweakboy, I checked out some of the music in your sig, you're pretty good. Are you Armen (linked in the music part of your sig)? Glad you're happy with your CPU choice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.