Stock Market about to tumble?

Nov 21, 2006
Dollar posted weak against the Euro. Dow down today 1.2%, Nasdaq down 2.1%.

Is the stock market about to take the dive many analysts have been predicting for a while now, or is this just typical profit-taking action?

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
I bet it's more about the forecast WalMart put out today about a slower holiday season than expected. The markets hate it when people don't spend money, especially during December.

EDIT: her209 beat me to it ;)

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
euro is up 20% the last 4 years vs the dollar yet the dow went up 40% in the same period.

But yes, I do think 2007 will be a bear market for stocks.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: slsmnaz
I bet it's more about the forecast WalMart put out today about a slower holiday season than expected. The markets hate it when people don't spend money, especially during December.

Solution? Pay people more. Real income has been pretty steady for a while now.

Nov 21, 2006
Originally posted by: JS80
euro is up 20% the last 4 years vs the dollar yet the dow went up 40% in the same period.

Right, I'm just wondering - why at this particular point? Is the market over-bought, and now going through a period of correction? Or is this just typical holiday sell-off activity...

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: IntrinsicValue

Right, I'm just wondering - why at this particular point? Is the market over-bought, and now going through a period of correction? Or is this just typical holiday sell-off activity...

Every upcycle is met with a downcycle. I just personally think 2007 will be an economically weak year for the US until foreign investment into the US picks back up again.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
You're starting to see the effects of the housing crash on other aspects of the US economy.

ranmaniac

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
I noticed there weren't as many people at the Malls as I would expect for a Black Friday weekend. There's only so many cheap bargains that can go around I guess...

Sep 29, 2004
Dollar posted weak against the Euro. Dow down today 1.2%, Nasdaq down 2.1%.

Is the stock market about to take the dive many analysts have been predicting for a while now, or is this just typical profit-taking action?

I see the markets as overvalued by 10%-20%. Some bargains are out there ... but if the tide starts dropping ... so will those "undervalued" stocks.

I'm hoping for a pull back.

Sep 29, 2004
Originally posted by: slsmnaz

EDIT: her209 beat me to it ;)

I thought the news was about last months sales or last quarters. To my knowledge, Wal-Mart did not release anything about this weekend's sales.

Sep 29, 2004

Correction based on valuation.