STOCK Act Signed

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Go away troll...

You bring back a year old thread and somehow try to blame the democrats and Obama.

Would it make you feel that much better if he had more accurately stated "Democrats, Obama, AND Republicans"? If so, there ya go bud just for you.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You guys realize this thread is a year old, right?

Go away troll...

You bring back a year old thread and somehow try to blame the democrats and Obama.

You stupid fucks do realize that The Obama just signed the bill which undoes the transparency that he promised?

If you'd all take your partisan blinders off, maybe you'd realize that it's not a Slim Jim you're sucking on...

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Does the Act, as passed, do anything concerning the spouses of politicians?

Or was Cantor successful in creating a loophole?

Probably for him and Pelosi. Wasn't this whole bill proposed because of the crap Pelosi got into?

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
You stupid fucks do realize that The Obama just signed the bill which undoes the transparency that he promised?

If you'd all take your partisan blinders off, maybe you'd realize that it's not a Slim Jim you're sucking on...

No different from the elephant in yours. Democrats and Republicans both should be ashamed.

Feb 6, 2007

I was addressing my comments more to the people who were quoting year-old posts as if they had been posted today. I figured you knew what you were doing, as you were the person who bumped the thread in the first place (without the courtesy of announcing why you were bumping an old thread just to tip people off). But don't let that interrupt your profanity-laced tirade and insults.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007

Well the election is over so he doesn't have to try to look good any more. Now it can be about making money. :\

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I just wanted to note that the only place I have seen this new update being talked about was on the daily show.

Pretty fucking sad.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe I'm missing something here (admittedly I'm not very familiar with the Act), but I don't see why it is necessarily or desirable for congressional staffers to submit their personal financial info into a searchable public database.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Maybe I'm missing something here (admittedly I'm not very familiar with the Act), but I don't see why it is necessarily or desirable for congressional staffers to submit their personal financial info into a searchable public database.

You don't see a conflict of interest when legislators who have the power to choose economic winners and losers are able to hide their financial ties to those corporations?

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
You don't see a conflict of interest when legislators who have the power to choose economic winners and losers are able to hide their financial ties to those corporations?

My understanding was the stricken provision was for federal officials and congressional staffers to disclose. That seems excessive.