Stimilus checks

What odds to you give that most Americans will actually receive additional stimilus checks?

• 0% - 20%

Votes: 26 70.3%
  • 21% - 40%

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • 41% - 60%

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 61% - 80%

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • 81% - 100%

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
For the remains of Trumps first term, do you actually expect to receive a second check?

Talk is cheap, and that is all this administration seems to be able to do.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
NONE!!! No chance at all. Frankly, Nancy Pelosi will agree to nothing before this election as to not give Donald Trump any boost. That... is politics. But regardless, the real problem is with the republicans. A huge chunk of senate republicans will refuse to consider any further stimulus for individuals. Corporations yes, but for the unemployed average Joe? No way no how not ever.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
I think odds are somewhat decent, but I doubt Pelosi will pass anything until after the election.

If the dems take the White House and Congress, I would expect checks going out through much of next year.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I think odds are somewhat decent, but I doubt Pelosi will pass anything until after the election.

If the dems take the White House and Congress, I would expect checks going out through much of next year.
NONE!!! No chance at all. Frankly, Nancy Pelosi will agree to nothing before this election as to not give Donald Trump any boost. That... is politics. But regardless, the real problem is with the republicans. A huge chunk of senate republicans will refuse to consider any further stimulus for individuals. Corporations yes, but for the unemployed average Joe? No way no how not ever.
Pelosi performed her job back in May. It's McConnell that hasn't passed anything at all, whatsoever, in any form.

Trump and McConnell wanted Pelosi to do her job in the House, and McConnell's job in the Senate. What a joke.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
What I would be asking, that if Biden wins and the senate flips Democrat, will Nancy Pelosi do an even bigger stimulus with $2000 individual payments? How about $3000?

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
None. Democrats won't settle for less than 2T, Republicans won't come up from 1T. I suspect that's going to remain in deadlock for another 6mo after the election at which point they'll settle on ~2T, depending on who's negotiating and who ends up in prison.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I do not see any mention of stimulus checks from the Senate's newest ploy of "skinny stimulus".
Republicans want to do little to nothing for the American people.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Didn't you already make a thread similar to this one? If I remember right it even had the same title. Did you not get the answer you expected in your other thread so you decided to ask the same or similar question again?
Anyway, my answer remains the same as it was the last time you posed this question.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
For the remains of Trumps first term, do you actually expect to receive a second check?

Talk is cheap, and that is all this administration seems to be able to do.
Trump says he wants them then suddenly reverses course x 2 so only the shadow knows.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
They only way we will get another round of stimulus is if the democrats take over Congress and the Presidency. Then we will have one in Feb. if they don’t the elites will continue to feast while everyone else suffers famine.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
One time $1200 checks in exchange for McConnell getting his corporate shield so workers can't sue over unsafe working conditions in the pandemic? No thanks, what a joke.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
My trumpie family keeps bringing up that federal grant that Obama gave that one solar energy company. Supposedly 500 million $$$. Then, the company went bankrupt. The trumpies say that Obama could have given every American 1 million dollars and still had money left over. Trumpies, always thinking. :rolleyes:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
My trumpie family keeps bringing up that federal grant that Obama gave that one solar energy company. Supposedly 500 million $$$. Then, the company went bankrupt. The trumpies say that Obama could have given every American 1 million dollars and still had money left over. Trumpies, always thinking. :rolleyes:

There are 500 people living in America? That's cool.

With that money Obama could have barely paid off Trump's personally guaranteed debts to who knows where.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
None. Democrats won't settle for less than 2T, Republicans won't come up from 1T. I suspect that's going to remain in deadlock for another 6mo after the election at which point they'll settle on ~2T, depending on who's negotiating and who ends up in prison.

I think the admin is up to around 1.7ish now, maybe slightly more. I dunno I think If I was Pelosi I'd get them to 1.8 or 1.9 and cut a deal then watch Trump struggle publicly and impotently with Senators in his own party to get it passed. There is a way to do it but I don't know if he's got the stones.

Senate Republicans have already pivoted to austerity talk because they think Trump will loose and they want to start crippling a Biden presidency, even if it hurts the country a lot. They don't care.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

The current admin has allowed tens of billions to be swindled from the stimulus bills passed in March and April.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Nancy just gave Trump and the Turtle 48 hrs to submit the full plan to the house if they're serious about a stimulus before the election. That stops Mitch from sneaking something in the bill and rushing it through at the last minute.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
For the same reason why this country has stop functioning for most average Americans. About 12 totally out of touch with reality wealthy Republicans Senators who never face any competition in their elections.

RamIt

Nov 12, 2001
My vote is 0% with the republicans in the senate and democrats in the house. At this point republicans know trump is going to lose so there is no fucking way they will agree to anything other than corporate welfare for the next 4 years.