Still waiting on KOTOR 3.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Oh, Icewind Dale 2 Enhanced.

And Morrowind in a new engine. For that matter Oblivion could use it as well.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
we are finally getting a new Bethesda property though - Starfield

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I would play these if they ever came out. There have been many cases of games getting sequels after 10-15 years, so it's not impossible, but they may not be anything like the original games or have the same impact. I don't think a game like KOTOR 2 is even possible today on a AAA budget and Disney overseeing it.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
I get not being happy about the fact, but the jedi knight class quest in SW:TOR *is* KOTOR 3.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Are the class quests worth playing for someone who loved KOTOR 1/2 but has zero interest in MMOs?

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
With the caveat that it's literally been years since I played, I'd say they are. Certainly you can approach it as a single-player game and never have to do anything with other players.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Meh
Meh
Meh
Meh

Well, we DO need another epic space sim. I dont care if its part of Freespace, or TIE fighter or what the hell ever.
It sure as poop aint gonna be Star Citizen. The universe will implode before they get that thing out the door.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Meh
Meh
Meh
Meh

Well, we DO need another epic space sim. I dont care if its part of Freespace, or TIE fighter or what the hell ever.
It sure as poop aint gonna be Star Citizen. The universe will implode before they get that thing out the door.

-Nah it needs to be Freespace.

The story and narrative elements need another game, and to date absolutely nothing in the space sim genre before or since has properly captured the feeling of flying between a fleet of cap ships just beating the everliving **** out of each other.

Once you play Freespace, the rest feel like you're playing with the volume down at 1 or 2.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Yeah, MS's Bethsoft acquisition is going to be a real nutkick for Playstation owners.

Between MS continuing to bring games to PC and Sony spinning up their PC Port division, PC gaming may actually be the place to be for the next several years (not that it wasn't before).

Now if we could just get these god dang hardware prices to come back down to earth...

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yeah, MS's Bethsoft acquisition is going to be a real nutkick for Playstation owners.

Between MS continuing to bring games to PC and Sony spinning up their PC Port division, PC gaming may actually be the place to be for the next several years (not that it wasn't before).

Now if we could just get these god dang hardware prices to come back down to earth...
Eventually the bitcoin empire will collapse. dudes with no interest in gaming will be selling their video cards for a small percentage of the original price.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Oh, we are getting the System Shock remake:

It even has a playable demo. They also claim you will get System Shock 2 whenever it debuts.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
-Nah it needs to be Freespace.

The story and narrative elements need another game, and to date absolutely nothing in the space sim genre before or since has properly captured the feeling of flying between a fleet of cap ships just beating the everliving **** out of each other.

Once you play Freespace, the rest feel like you're playing with the volume down at 1 or 2.

I feel like the Freespace mod community has kind of made Freespace 3 already. There doesn't have to be a single, definitive continuation of the story. Many of the mod projects are better than any commercial space game that has since come out.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
the trailer had so many XBOX logos on it that it looked like an exclusive. only in the last few seconds does it mention a PC in small letters in the lower sections.
M$ has been making a pretty solid push to bring equity between Xbox and PC ecosystems so that Xbox feels like an extension of windows, not it's own thing.

This generally means any Xbox exclusive is also coming to PC.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
M$ has been making a pretty solid push to bring equity between Xbox and PC ecosystems so that Xbox feels like an extension of windows, not it's own thing.

This generally means any Xbox exclusive is also coming to PC.

- One way or another, you're gaming on an MS OS, through their subscription service, or on their console.

Apple has ushered in the age of the walled garden in a big way.

I can see MS using their games to push new revisions of Windows (like they tried to do with Halo 2 back in the day by keeping it DX10 for no good reason).

Easy way to force more users to upgrade.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I get not being happy about the fact, but the jedi knight class quest in SW:TOR *is* KOTOR 3.

yeah but.....the republic classes in that game were absolutely dreadful. you have to play sith to enjoy TOR. You just do. all the other stuff is garbage. You can't even be a real evil Jedi--you can go around murdering everyone, but the story still pushes you and your endgame down inevitable "You are the hero of the republic!" nonsense. It's absurd. ....and you also learn that Jedis are really just assholes, from one of the very first missions in the game. (Oh no! People are kissing! EXPEL THEM!)

The Revan stuff is actually independent of either Sith or Republic--it's part of the mini-RAID/co-op mission path that starts soon after you leave noob island. You actually don't have to do any of it to follow through the class missions and complete any main story line, but I don't recall much of the normal KOTOR (e.g.: Revan storyline) existing outside of that optional stuff, which is independent from any of the faction/character quests or main story. I think it's like...10 missions or so, and the first one you can pretty much solo, but you do (did?) need to find actual humans to assist you to get through the rest of them.