Stevens To retire from USSC

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nonlnear

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2008
Clinton would be a VERY interesting move when looking at the politics of DNC fund raising in the future.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Leading candidate rumors:

Elena Kagan
Merrick Garland
Diane Wood

Of those 3 - Merrick is by far the best pick judicially and politically will be the easiest for BHO to get confirmed.

Kagan is by far the worst on the list as she has ZERO judicial experience. Hell, she had no experience when appointed by BHO to solicitor general.

Any bets on who BHO will choose?

Rumor has it BHO will pick the worst of the 3. Go figure.
http://www.politico.com/playbook/

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Cad says, "Rumor has it BHO will pick the worst of the 3. Go figure.
http://www.politico.com/playbook/"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I certainly have no quarrel with Cad posting the maybe factual rumor that Kagan may be the next Obama SCOTUS pick.

But where the opinion comes from that Kagan would be the worst pick comes from I have no idea. Maybe if Cad had labeled that as a his or Allen's opinion, we could all accept that as a mere opinion, but in my humble opinion, I think Obama could do well by such a Kagan choice. And as POTUS, Obama and Obama alone must weigh his options and make his first choice.

Beyond that, there is that little matter of the advice and consent of the Senate to seal the deal. And failing that, Obama will have to go with a second choice.

Somehow I do not think Obama will heed the opinions of either myself or Cad in the matter.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Obama will no doubt pick the worst idiot he can find, just like he did last time.... Kagan fits perfectly.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Obama will no doubt pick the worst idiot he can find, just like he did last time.... Kagan fits perfectly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somehow a Dean of the Harvard law school is incompatible with the word idiot. Maybe Poker Guy has GOP partisanship confused with facts and qualifications.

Let us know PokerGUY, when have an iota of legal scholarship cred in back of you.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
He needs to find someone in better physical shape who can offer progressive rulings for many many decades to come. This woman looks overweight.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Lemon law said:
Let us know PokerGUY, when have an iota of legal scholarship cred in back of you.

Well, he does have a velvet painting of dogs playing poker - that's gotta count for something...:D