Steve Bannon indicted as part of crowdfunding campaign to build border wall

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
He may have the power to pardon all his sycophants, lackies, evil-doers, cheats, co-conspirators, but AFAIK he has no ability to pardon himself and he'll be culpable after being forced out of the White House. Am I wrong?
He could resign and have Pence pardon him, wouldn't save him on State crimes though.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
He may have the power to pardon all his sycophants, lackies, evil-doers, cheats, co-conspirators, but AFAIK he has no ability to pardon himself and he'll be culpable after being forced out of the White House. Am I wrong?
That is the theory although it’s never been tested.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
My brother had an idea for a little cartoon. you are looking over the shoulder of a little old lady bingo player, and she has the card just about full. It is pictures of all Trump's best and brightest who have been arrested, indicted, etc.
The caller drops Bannon's ball onto the display and she yells out "BINGO!"

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Aged like a fine wine.

6CmaTjW.jpg

God damn that's delicious.
fake

• Wow
Reactions: shortylickens

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Jesus, Don Jr. looks parched like a fucking mummy in that picture.

I have to conclude again that it's true that evil corrodes those who practice it from within.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Jesus, Don Jr. looks parched like a fucking mummy in that picture.

I have to conclude again that it's true that evil corrodes those who practice it from within.
Take a good look at the photo...notice how damned near every inanimate object in the pic is partially or completely covered in gold. That’s what people who have never had wealth think the wealthy live like...gold on everything, flaunting the money they have.
Sadly, truly wealthy people don’t live like that. Much more subtle. Exotic or old world woods on floors and walls, or silk tapestries on walls, fine hair plaster on ceilings. Most truly wealthy don’t flaunt their wealth with Saddam Hussein-dictator type gold leaf on everything, like Trump does. They still flaunt their wealth, just subtly and not usually understood by the non-wealthy, like Trump. Do not equate being rich, like Trump, with true wealth, like a Rockefeller or a Getty, etc.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and dawp

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
It is funny that every time, every single time that one of Trump’s close buddies are caught, and nearly all of his close buddies have been caught, that Trump pretends he hardly knew them. Every single time. Imagine if Melania was caught in some scandal and Donald would say I HARDLY KNEW HER, SHE JUST TOOK CARE OF MY KID. Or how about Ivanka in some scandal, I SAW HER ONCE IN A WHILE AROUND THE DINNER TABLE, I NEVER PAID HER MUCH ATTENTION. WE MAY HAVE DATED ONE OR TWICE. Or Eric Trump, HE WORKED FOR ME RUNNING ONE OF MY BUSINESS. OTHER THAN THAT I DON’T REALLY KNOW MUCH ABOUT HIM. imagine...... having Donald Trump as a friend when you needed a friend. F... THAT! :mad:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Take a good look at the photo...notice how damned near every inanimate object in the pic is partially or completely covered in gold. That’s what people who have never had wealth think the wealthy live like...gold on everything, flaunting the money they have.
Sadly, truly wealthy people don’t live like that. Much more subtle. Exotic or old world woods on floors and walls, or silk tapestries on walls, fine hair plaster on ceilings. Most truly wealthy don’t flaunt their wealth with Saddam Hussein-dictator type gold leaf on everything, like Trump does. They still flaunt their wealth, just subtly and not usually understood by the non-wealthy, like Trump. Do not equate being rich, like Trump, with true wealth, like a Rockefeller or a Getty, etc.
It is funny to me how utterly tasteless Trump is but I guess his narcissism prevents him from recognizing it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
How long before the alt right fuckers connect
Bannon to
Qanon
?
And storm the castle demanding a pardon for their patriot?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yes I'm sure it is, but Donnie Two-scoops doesn't have any of the courage of Vladimir Vladimirovich, he would never dare to be so bold. And I suspect Daddy Vladdy isn't quite foolish enough to assassinate a Merican presidential candidate either.

Dictators can kill their own people with almost complete impunity, but when they start offing citizens of other countries that's when things start to go bad for them. Especially important citizens of other countries.
Donnie doesn't have the guts do it himself but he would "leave the front door open" for Putin's thugs to attempt poisoning Joe. Not enough to kill him but enough to make him to weak to run. He knows he could peel away enough white people if Harris was on the top of the ticket or it were perceived Joe was too sick to effectively run.

Of course Barr's justice department would not do a through investigation and rush out a "no evidence" statement of Russian involvement.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You're right about the way he looks. I figure that booze is rotting his liver out. That's why he's bloated.

yeah, I was definitely thinking acute alcohol toxicity. My uncle looked like that a few days before he died.