Stereotypes, what do you see next to a check cashing store?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Here it's usually bail bonds, nails, massage, pay as you go phone stores and spanish markets.

ObiDon

Diamond Member
May 8, 2000
there's one between a 7-11 i go to and a teriyaki place.
they also buy jewelry ;)

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
the corner one here is across the street from another check cashing place... theres not really any stores right next to them tho, they are standalone buildings.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
There are check cashing stores (and commercials) EVERYWHERE here. I'm beginning to think people in this city spend far too much money at Starbucks.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Next to a check cashing store? around here?

A bunch of native born minorities <note the native born> that loitering around, holding colt 45 malt liquor or cheap liquor in brown paper bags, smoking, hanging out, throwing trash around, dealing and wheeling, husling.

Cheap fried chicken place along side the small liquor stores that also double as check cashing store/advance pay day check/small grocery store/lottery/scratching tickets/tobaco/pawn shop.

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000
Originally posted by: aesthetics
technically they're mexican stores, not spanish. don't blame spain. :p

technically alot of the people that are thought of as being Mexican aren't. Many come from other parts of Central and South America and it really pisses them off that they are automatically labeled Mexican.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
next door is a liquor store followed by a nail salon and a bail bonds. on the other side is a barber. in those other places defense though; they were there first before the check cashing store showed up.

XxPrOdiGyxX

Dec 29, 2002
the one near my place has a pawn shop and...oddly, a bait and tackle shop. (There is no real fishing areas within a 20 mile radius.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: aesthetics
technically they're mexican stores, not spanish. don't blame spain. :p

There are a lot of latinos in this country other than Mexicans. Especially in Florida, lots of Cubans and Puerto Ricans.