Stepping away for awhile...

BobTheWizard

Oct 7, 2002
I will have to step away from the grind for awhile. Unfortunately, the finances have gone down the drain, and I have to get my spending priorities straightened out. I was sick in March, and having missed some work, haven't been able to catch up. And, with the wife and a 9 month old to take care of, things like internet are pretty low on the list of priorities. Even running the computer 24/7 proabably isn't the best thing to do, with the extra power it takes to run. The pressure from trying to catch up and keep up is killing me. :disgust:

So... I'm gonna step away from the SETI grind for awhile. :(

Thanks to my friends here, I did get to the 5k point with Seti Classic before having to stop. Thank you all again. I'll still step in here to the forums from time to time see how things are going. Maybe I'll try to grind some and transfer from the work PC (as long as the boss doesn't find out.. no sense of humor... ).

I guess a good thing with this is it will force me to stop the gaming for awhile. Maybe with the extra time, I can find something else to do that will boost the income a little.

Thanks again for the occasional chats, and that TEAM spirit... Keep on grinding!!

:) ;)

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Sorry to hear that BobTheWizard, But family/real life always come first.

Wishing you and yours the best.

Mike

Polo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Not so good news :( but you'll take the right way.

Good luck in your real life. Family is THE number one priority.

Light will be on for you. Don't hesitate to come back talking with some friends here. :)

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Good choices Bob, you know we will be here when things get better ;)

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
A TeAm Mate forever - whether crunching or not. :thumbsup:

Stop by whenever you can and let us know how things are going.

We all appreciate your friendship, Bob. :wine:

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
You've got your priorities straight - that's a big part of the battle. ;)

Good luck on your endeavors, Bob! :)

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
All the best Bob and the light will always be on back here for you.

Do what you have to do to take care of yourself and your family. We'll be here. And if there is anything we can do for ya, just ask. :)

mk

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2000
Originally posted by: RaySun2Be
Do what you have to do to take care of yourself and your family. We'll be here. And if there is anything we can do for ya, just ask. :)

seconded. :)

lane42

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
All the best Bob. Things will work out, they allmost allways do, and seti2 will be here waiting for you when you get back :)

HayHauler

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2003
Later Bob, from TeAm TABOO!!!

Take care of yourself and come back when things are
lined out a little better. :)

Your bud,
HayHauler
TABOO Captain! ;)
:beer: for you mang!

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Good luck to ya Bob... i hope things work out for you. Taking care of the family is top priority so don't worry about not running a SETI rig.

Hope you get a chance to pop in & say hi now and again. We'll be here for you.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Sorry to hear things aren't going so well atm:( ,but yea your priorities are right.

Don't run any rigs 24/7 ,at least until you have yourself sorted out ,but don't forget when you've got the rig on for other purposes anyway it can still be crunching away in the background a little;)

And don't worry we'll keep on crunching:)