Stepped on a foreign Object, now its in my left Big Toe -- I'M GOING INSANE - HELP!!

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Well I have hardwood floors here in the Apt and I was plugging something in the socket and I was leaning over. While doing so I noticed a prick on my left big toe and so I picked up my foot to try and just brush it off. Well no luck. This is not anything like a splinter that you can see or the like, its completely underneath the skin and I can't see it, at all!!

So how can I get rid of it? I know there must be a few ways to draw the foreign object out from underneath the skin. So if you have any ideas, please let me know as I'M BLOODY DYING HERE!!

Thanks All

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by: jumpr
Tweezers, lots of poking, and major pain.

But it's not something that could be even touched by tweezers. It doesn't have the mass of a splinter or anything, so tweezers won't help I don't think.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
You can cut it out although you probably want to steralize everything before you start dicing up your toe.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: thatsright
Originally posted by: jumpr
Tweezers, lots of poking, and major pain.

But it's not something that could be even touched by tweezers. It doesn't have the mass of a splinter or anything, so tweezers won't help I don't think.

Poke at it for a while with a sewing needle.

GonzoCircus

Jan 31, 2004
it will probably just get itself worked out of the skin or maybe be absorbed by the toe to forever become a part of thatsright

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
I'd try poking at it with a sewing needle. You can delicately take off the most outer layer of skin without shedding a crap load of blood, or at least I can.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Soak it to soften the skin. Put tincture of Merthiolate on it. That may tint the puncture area a bit darker, so you can see it better. Use a bright light and magnifying glass along with a needle to pull away the skin around it. You may be trying to locate a sliver of glass there. Good luck!

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
You'll probably need a really thin needle and tweezers. Poke around a bit.

Reminds me of the time I stepped on a bunch of thumbtacks barefoot. Ouch that hurt.

ElMono

May 20, 2002
Eh, that's nothing. I have a BB lodged at the base of my middle finger. :)

If it were me, I'd just let it go because that's just how I am.

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001

Well Right now I'm soaking my left foot in a pasta pot full of hot water with salt in there. Someone said that adding salt will accelerate the 'expulsion' time. Well at this point I'll try anything before I hit stage 12 of jabbing around with a needle and whatnot......

Request For Comments: So how long should I soak my foot in this pot of salt crap for? An hour, a half thereof?

Thanks a lot.

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003

Well Right now I'm soaking my left foot in a pasta pot full of hot water with salt in there. Someone said that adding salt will accelerate the 'expulsion' time. Well at this point I'll try anything before I hit stage 12 of jabbing around with a needle and whatnot......

Request For Comments: So how long should I soak my foot in this pot of salt crap for? An hour, a half thereof?

Thanks a lot.

You're soaking your foot in a cooking pot?!

MaxFusion16

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Amorphus

Thanks a lot.

add some pepper while you are at it

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: MaxFusion16

Thanks a lot.

Maybe a couple carrots and a potato or two (reminds me of an old Bugs Bunny ep...)

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: kenshorin
Originally posted by: MaxFusion16

Thanks a lot.

Maybe a couple carrots and a potato or two (reminds me of an old Bugs Bunny ep...)

That's what I was thinking.

Oh and if you use the pot to soak your feet, what do you use to take a bath? the sink?

aolj

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2000
This might sound like a crazy idea but you could buy one of those corn removers and use them on the spot. It should kill off the skin and maybe when new skin grow out, it might be pushed up.

Just a thought. But then again, ATOT is not a place for medical advice. I am not responsible for the suggestions made.