stephen colbert pwns glenn beck

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ranmaniac

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
Beck is a snake. Interesting that he was smearing Ron Paul, libertarians, and the anti-war movement as terrorists during the primary, and now he's acting like he's an ally of the patriot movement. He was a neo-con shill when it brought him ratings, and he's now trying to play off the disenchanted libertarian wing of the Republican party for ratings. Beck is basically Ann Coulter's brother.

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Arkaign
Originally posted by: racolvin
Hmm ... douchebags like Beck, Rush, Olberman, and any number of others in regional markets all have followers and I never understood that. I've listened to all of them and rotate between several, just to hear some of it but damned if I can find even one of them that's reasonable, fair, and open minded.

O'Reilly surprisingly is (or became) far more open-minded than those listed above, and tools like Mark Levin and Mark Davis. In his final months on the Radio factor, he was very independent, moderate, and pretty well balanced. I have no comment on his TV show as I don't watch it.

And yes, Beck and Levin in particular are raving lunatics, along with Savage.

Talking down or over the guests on his show when he doesn't agree with their view is considered open minded? O'Reilly, along with the rest of the crazies at Fox news station, provide everything but fair and balanced reporting.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Crying almost worked for Hillary, so he tried it. But just like when a cop pulls you over, only chicks can cry and get away with it.

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
Maybe some of that heroin is still in his blood stream. This also explains his conversion to the LDS (Mormon) Church.

Glenn Beck...the guy is just another phony "everyman" that the right likes to prop up to get the low information audience to vote against their best interest. He is a fraud, same as the rest. Pulling down millions of dollars for doing nothing while claiming to represent the "working class".

His outrage and fear are as phony as his tears and his acting skills at feigning, both make professional wrestling look like an Oscar worthy performance. Everything about this man is phony. While all those angry, broke, confused people continue to fall for the bait, he sits in his posh mansion laughing at how he suckered all those stupid rubes, dumbing them down even further. He gets to sleep soundly knowing he'll never have to worry about anything ever again while his audience can't even afford to get sick.

Glenn Beck is proto-fascist comfort food for people who find Hannity too difficult. If Beck considers himself conservative, it seems some have decided to forgo the embarrassment of pretending to have principles after having demogogued every make-believe issue they hold dear, by going straight to self-parody. Why bother with all of the posturing and phony moral outrage when you can have the same crap delivered by a friendly, drooling puppy dog? Do ya' feel let down by your government? Do you crave retaliation?, gee whiz, doncha just love Uhmerika?. Glenn Beck is just another status quo (same ole shit) mascot.

Welcome to Faux America, The Entertainment State.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
When it cuts back and Colbert had the gas mask and the shotgun, I had the kind of laughing that wears you out for the rest of the day. ;)

Also as far as the NASA pod naming contest, they should not have allowed a write in option if they are going to ignore it. Way for a government entity of the US to fuck over the voting process.

cyclohexane

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2005
Originally posted by: TheSlamma
When it cuts back and Colbert had the gas mask and the shotgun, I had the kind of laughing that wears you out for the rest of the day. ;)

Also as far as the NASA pod naming contest, they should not have allowed a write in option if they are going to ignore it. Way for a government entity of the US to fuck over the voting process.

best costume of all time.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Nothing so perfectly captures the current idiotic state of the republican party than Glenn Beck and his fake tears and 9/11 exploitation.

Reagan must be turning over in his grave.