Steering Wheel : Logitech G29 vs Thrustmaster T300RS GT

b4u

Golden Member
Nov 8, 2002
Hi,

I would like to hear your opinion regarding a steering wheel purchase.

I have a PC and a PS3 with very very little usage. I also have an old logitech force feedback whell, with around 20-25 years, drivers are non existent for new windows versions and to make it work I had to find some compatible ones. So even though I like racing games, I don't play them often.

Now I'm thinking about changing it, so I was thinking about the following ones:
I like logitech products, but the thrustmaster seems to be a very good product, maybe even better than logitech one.

Now from what I've seen on reviews, thrustmaster seems to be a bit better because it has a different force feedback mechanism, which makes it stronger but may overheat at some point (depending of the usage, of course).

The logitech has some "leather" type wheel, but frankly, I think the rubberized type of thrustmaster and it's darker presentation has a more practical and a more hardcore racing effect.

It also seems the logitech has some dead zone at the center, which enthusiasts say it's a "no-go" for this wheel.

The price diference between them are not that big, but I was whiling to way a bit and give the extra cash for the thrustmaster (the GT if possible). I need to upgrade my graphics card anyway, since my good card stopped working and I replaced with a 30€ card just to put the computer in working condition (I don't believe this card is good for gaming). So did not need to rush anyway.

BUT ... and there's always a but ... the logitech G29 is at 170€ at the moment ... even if I think about a possible 320€ from the thrustmaster GT, it's a 150€ difference.

So I need your opinion on these wheels, on this choice of purchase, whether if you have any experience with them or not.
Any opinion will count.

Thanks in advance.

---
edits:
- Updated T300RS GT price to 350€
- Added price to T300RS (non GT) at 310€

Last edited: