Steampunk cases

007ELmO

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2005
Hi,

I'm developing a "1940s" section of my house, and some steampunk PC cases I see people mod look outstanding (keyboard/case/etc):
Steampunk_Keyboard_Mods_10.jpg

bikeyboard.jpeg

Are these available for purchase anywhere? I notice the keyboards are available, not sure how "usable" they'd be, but a steampunk case would be nice to fit in with my 1940s office area!

Steampunk%E2%80%99d-TJ11-computer-case-mod-by-Fuganater.jpg

steampunk_dieselpunk_mix_pc_case_mod_by_simonsaysbaka-d4krcim.jpg

4-1280x1024.jpg

My office:
E64409035_FP

Thanks,
ELmO

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
not to mention the top and bottom pc's are full custom watercooling, with copper pipes!

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
not to mention the top and bottom pc's are full custom watercooling, with copper pipes!

I get the design element, but those pipes exposed on the outside and designed to look like handles sends a shiver up my spine. Hopefully the actual loop doesn't run through them. :p

To the OP, you could probably get a case like that commissioned, but those custom cases likely involved an insane number of hours to get to look like that. High-end modding is something you do if you're really passionate about it, and have a lot of time on your hands. It's not quite as steampunk, but have you considered buying an old desktop radio and using that as a chassis? It might be considerably less labour intensive than getting a standard ATX case and trying to make it look oldschool.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
im pretty sure there is coolant running though it... lol..

so yeah.. your nightmare on someone grabbing them and pulling them will be catastrophic.