Steam Lunar New Year Sale

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Had no idea they were going to run another sale so close to the Winter sale which was barely a month ago but after looking at my Wishlist, it looks like some games have a slightly better discount than last month. I might grab one or two games that I've been putting off since now they're at -80% off instead of 60 or 75% off like last month.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Picked up Grim Dawn for 5 bucks. Reviews are really good, seems a lot easier than POE, and just a way better game than D3.

It's taken me 20 years to finally take the time to beat Diablo 2, so who knows how long this will take me.

Achilles97

May 10, 2000
Picked up Grim Dawn for 5 bucks. Reviews are really good, seems a lot easier than POE, and just a way better game than D3.

It's taken me 20 years to finally take the time to beat Diablo 2, so who knows how long this will take me.

Have fun with Grim Dawn. It is pretty similar to Titan Quest - same concept on the class masteries, etc. I loved Titan Quest, D2, D3, and I played a bit of PoE. Unfortunately, when I finally got around to trying Grim Dawn last year I wasn't able to get into it. I probably didn't create a character that met my play style preferences so I might give it another chance.

Reactions: Roger Wilco

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007

So, I've had sleep so now I can do something coherent.

Grim Dawn is essentially what Diablo 3 should have been mainly because it is made by Crate Entertainment who was formed by the original Blizzard North team (the ones who made D2 and Titan Quest). It took the best aspects of both TQ and D2 and combined them into an all new game which greatly surpasses all other dungeon crawlers in many ways. I don't want to spoil too much but with the way Crate has listened to the community, damn near every single build is completely viable and with hundreds (if not thousands) of different Epic and Legendary pieces of gear, you can tailor anything to be useful. If you want, to can make a pure cold damage caster, find some gear that modifies cold damage into another type and just completely change your entire build to do an entirely different type of damage without changing your skills. The possibilities are almost limitless but I think the best part of the game aside from the insane amount of gear and skills to choose from is the lore. Not only is it incredibly well-written, but it adds more to the game than you immediately understand. Eventually you'll find lore notes that seem more like clues than simple bits of lore and if you decide to look around, you'll probably be surprised at what you can find.

Also, if you'd like to just mess around and look at the different skills, celestial skills, and even gear in the game, look here: https://www.grimtools.com/

There's not many games I'd recommend that everyone play, but Grim Dawn is the only dungeon crawler I recommend. I've played all the others and nothing compares to this game in this category.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roger Wilco

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
MS gamepass also on sale for $1 this month. The game library is surprising with lots of games that are normally on my wishlists.

Gonna play Halo Infinite, which I'm sure I'll enjoy, as well as MechWarrior 5 (which has mixed reviews)

amd6502

Apr 21, 2017
I just got brick rigs and hope to start playing this in a few weeks. It seems like an ingenious atom-based game physics model. Amazing this was pulled off by what seems to be a one man team.