Steam game organization question

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
I need to categorize this massive game collection of mine, but don't want to do it unless I'm certain the categories will show up on all three of my PCs.

When you categorize, does it translate to all instances of steam via cloud, or do I have to do it with every PC?

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Yes, the categorization is synced to your account and should appear across all of your devices (should, at least. I've known it to be spotty)

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
Yes, the categorization is synced to your account and should appear across all of your devices (should, at least. I've known it to be spotty)

Thanks. Looked around the Google and couldn't find my answer... here's hoping my new categories stick. :thumbsup:

AlexAL

Jan 23, 2008
Funny you should ask, I was wondering the same thing and just today I got to test it out. Fresh install on a computer, installed Steam fresh and started to download games fresh. Well, my old categories are gone. I didn't lose anything extensive just because I was not sure it would work. Better luck to you.

ApexBoost

May 5, 2011
It seems to be hit or miss with Steam sync, it ended up working for me as far as favorites and such. Time to roll the dice, good luck to you.

AlexAL

Jan 23, 2008
Well, what do you know. My categories appeared one day later. It's not like I first checked five minutes after installing Steam. Better late than neva'.