Steam doesn't give u extra copies if u already own a game in a bundle?

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Kinda sucks, i bought the gta bundle so i could have the few i was missing, and i was going to just gift the extra ones.

If i said I'm buying it as a gift and kept it in my inventory, would i be able to activate the ones i don't have and give away the others?

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
It'll show up as one entity in your inventory, so no, you won't be able to give away the ones you don't have.

Steam will warn you when you try to buy a bundle that includes games you already own.

There are exceptions to this rule, but they're rare.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Actually I have multiple copies of Civilization 4 and the expansions. Hate that. Must have gotten them as parts of big Packs and not realized.

Gothgar

Lifer
Sep 1, 2004
Yeah... that is literally the worst part of all these bundles. But they are still worth getting in most cases, so I wont complain much.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Yeah... that is literally the worst part of all these bundles. But they are still worth getting in most cases, so I wont complain much.
Yea like i said, i got the first two in a rockstar hits bundle on amazon. So i really didn't end up wasting any money.

Loving this steam sale btw. Kinda want mw3, but i won't pay more than 20 for it since i already own it on 360. Besides that there's not many games i would want that i haven't already bought. (I'm probably set for the rest of my life lol)

micaturbo

Aug 21, 2004
Actually I have multiple copies of Civilization 4 and the expansions. Hate that. Must have gotten them as parts of big Packs and not realized.

If you're referring to the duplicate Civ4 games in your list, those are separate Mac versions.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Yeah, not all games are giftable unfortunately. I don't know if that's a dev or steam decision.