Steam Daily Deals: 6/20/11 Monday Overlord 2 $2.50 75% off

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Hard to go wrong trying STO for a month at $3.75. I just don't enjoy it that much to keep playing, though. (Need to cancel, still subscribed).

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
I wonder how long till STO is F2P.

I played for about 3 months...Klingon race was fun to RP but the PVP got repatative.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
For $3.75, it's worth a go easily. Might not get more than a months gameplay out of it but even getting 8 hours out of it is VFM considering games these days.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I remember playing the first Samorost, browser only, I think?

such a cool little game.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I was going to buy this, being only $2, but then I went to the steam forums and saw a thread about how it was included in the first Humble Bundle but never made redeemable on Steam so...turns out I already own it.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
4 Elements is the DD today

I looked at it and saw 'Bejeweled' and said 'ugh' no and left it. Saw this thread and was going to mention it was like Bejeweled, but I didn't know how good it is.

The decided, it did look like it added a little, check a review site just in case. Was pretty highly praised as a lot better game than 'Bejeweled'. Bought. Yay.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Dino D-Day is not worth any amount of money. Don't buy it. It may seem like a fun novelty at first, but the novelty wears off after about 10 seconds and then it's only a diluted, buggy, mediocre shooter.

Totalbiscuit reviewed it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxxW39P9af8

I was initially going to say "it's worth $5 at most", but I realized it's not. Even if it was free, it still doesn't change the fact that it's a bad game. Why waste any time at all playing it when there are far better multiplayer shooters out there? You could be playing TF2, or HL2: Deathmatch, or something in the same vein. They are much more fun. /rant

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Today is Tuesday btw. I understand though, I get confused after a holiday all the time :)

gonvik

Mar 11, 2005
Dino D-Day is not worth any amount of money.

I bought this shortly after it's release for $19.99... I just can't get into it for anything longer than 10 minutes at a time. I'm all for supporting indie developers for a promising game, and they have said they are working on new features (more dinos, a survivor mode), but as it is now I cannot justify the price, even at $9.99.

The game's community has been calling for a price reduction to help fill up the mostly empty servers, but who knows if this will help. Honestly, I feel I should have saved my money.

Last edited:

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Yeah, a while back I saw a gameplay video, not even a review, just a video of the game without any commentary or opinion at all. And all I could think was "wow that looks like a shitty 10-year-old UT mod." They recycled all the sound effects from other Source games. I wouldn't get it even if it was free; not worth the time to download it.

Last edited:

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
Dino D-Day is not worth any amount of money. Don't buy it. It may seem like a fun novelty at first, but the novelty wears off after about 10 seconds and then it's only a diluted, buggy, mediocre shooter.

Totalbiscuit reviewed it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxxW39P9af8

I was initially going to say "it's worth $5 at most", but I realized it's not. Even if it was free, it still doesn't change the fact that it's a bad game. Why waste any time at all playing it when there are far better multiplayer shooters out there? You could be playing TF2, or HL2: Deathmatch, or something in the same vein. They are much more fun. /rant

Oh my freakin god that game is a piece of shit.

Makes me long for the days of semi-truck racing games.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
VVVVVV is wonderful! :) Totally worth $5, let alone $2.50. It's an indie platformer that's very well-designed, yet also extremely challenging, a la Super Meat Boy. Rather than consisting of "levels" though, the game is a single continuous 2D world. Various objectives are scattered around the world and are treacherous to navigate to. Checkpoints are scattered around the game as well, and are typically placed between difficult jumps and obstacles, allowing for quick respawn. It can be very frustrating, as well as very fun and rewarding. Recommended.

Edit: It has an awesome soundtrack too.

Last edited:

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
There is also a demo on Steam.

I bought it, I beat the demo and was wanting more. Not once did I feel cheated dying and was very enjoyable playing. The soundtrack rocks too.