Steam Daily Deals:12/18/11 Sunday: Dead Island $19.99 50% off:Wishlist Giveaway

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
Playing Oblivion in Eyefinity has kind given it new life for me. I never cared much for it before, but the increased FoV adds depth to my shallow mind for some reason, and makes it more fun to play.

HydroSqueegee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2005
Hello fellow redditor. :)

(I also agree that we need to see Morrowind on sale)

i picked up the bethesda pack durring the fall sale. I already owned morrowind, tribunal and oblivion (all on CD/DVD), but everything else i didnt have. So $35 was a steal for Fallout 3, Morrowind, Oblivion + all expansions and DLC.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
i picked up the bethesda pack durring the fall sale. I already owned morrowind, tribunal and oblivion (all on CD/DVD), but everything else i didnt have. So $35 was a steal for Fallout 3, Morrowind, Oblivion + all expansions and DLC.

lol. I was going to post that, today, The Bethesda Pack is listed at $69.99

with today's prices, that:

FO3 GOY: $29.99 (I thought 19.99 was standard, now?)
Morrowind GOY $19.99
Oblivion GOY Deluxe $6.24

lol, steam even summarizes, as usual:

Individual Price: $56.22
Package Price: $69.99
----------------------
Cost to you: $69.99

lulz
:D

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Anyway, I've still never owned nor played Oblivion. Still not sure if I want to. I briefly considered at this price as a backup in case Skyrim doesn't hit a decent price (~$30) for a Winter sale....but I know I'd never finish it and just get burned out and not care about Skyrim...and I'd much prefer Skyrim (setting, and from what I can tell--mechanics).

I hated Morrowind, too. regardless, I think I would still enjoy enough of Skyrim to make it worth my while.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
How is Left 4 Dead different from the Killing Floor?

You can change the type of class you are. You level up your class. Also you can buy new weapons in-game. It's no where near as polished but IMO has much higher replayability because of all the different ways to play.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
How is Left 4 Dead different from the Killing Floor?

L4D has linear maps w/ objectives. Zombies are much faster and plentiful, but are also easier to kill (like the movie 28 Days Later). There are no classes or perks, but the characters have some very funny dialogue and the campaigns play out more like a movie.

Killing floor is non-linear and more arena style. Enemies appear in "waves", and inbetween waves you spend money to buy and upgrade weapons. Zombies and monsters are slower, and typically harder to kill. Weapons feel and sound very satisfying, and have realistic recoil.

L4D and Killing Floor are both excellent co-op games, and are both very polished. It just depends on your personal preference. IMO you couldn't get me to pick one over the other, because they're both great. :)

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010
MW2 single-player was pretty underwhelming in terms of length, even playing it at Veteran difficulty (easier than CoD4 as well). For $15? Meh...recommending would be stronger at $10.

Awesome deal, MW3 without the 2011 map pack for $15 :awe:

:confused:

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Ok thanks. Bleh; need a good long single player campaign. Been a while....

MW2 single-player was pretty underwhelming in terms of length, even playing it at Veteran difficulty (easier than CoD4 as well). For $15? Meh...recommending would be stronger at $10.

:confused:

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Didn't they just re-release this game last month with a new map pack?

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
MW2's single player was decent enough, lots of fun levels but the overall cohesiveness between them was lacking. Taken individually, all the levels were enjoyable. There just wasn't a good narrative tying them together like there was in CoD4.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Get them with the expansions if you do, only $1 each more.

I own them but haven't played yet. Well reviewed.

Yes, Armored Princess is a whole new full campaign with some additions to the rules and all-new maps and items, it's worth the full bundle price by itself. The other Crossworlds bits are less important but still offer some extra fun.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
$8 for the entire collection is a great deal, if you're into oldschool turn-based CRPG sort of stuff (but with HD graphics and sound). Fantastic games.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
$8 is hard to resist...must...not...buy...I wonder if it'll be discounted at the Holiday Sale.

NTAC

May 21, 2003
Ooo I haven't played a game like this in a long time, reminds me of shining force or something along those lines. Went ahead and picked up the Platinum. Damn you Steam!! Do you not know that I have a job and other silly responsibilities?!?!

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
$8 is hard to resist...must...not...buy...I wonder if it'll be discounted at the Holiday Sale.

Doooo iiiittt! < /robschneider >

It's already 75% off, it can't get much lower. There's at least $50 worth of fun in that download if you like turn-based RPG-ish strategy games.