STEAM: COD4 1.6 Patch\Maps released

Sketcher

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
June 6, 2008 - Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Update Released

Updates to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

New maps Creek, Chinatown, Broadcast, and Killhouse

Hardcore and oldschool server browser filters

Fix for a Denial of Service attack

Cheers,
Sketcher

FerraraZ

Feb 10, 2008
woot thanks for the update! I've been waiting for this update, I dont get why steam takes so long for this game to update

Sketcher

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
Originally posted by: FerraraZ
woot thanks for the update! I've been waiting for this update, I dont get why steam takes so long for this game to update
Providing patches through digital distribution methods isn't as clear cut as simply making files available for download. Here's what was posted in a thread on the STEAM forums:

This particular patch got held up by a last minute bug w/Steam integration that Activision QA hit. As soon as the problem was identified and we knew the scope of it as well as the root cause we were able to get it resolved and get Activision QA to sign off. We know it was a bad experience for many of you who were anxious to start playing the new version and we are truly sorry for that. We'll be doing everything we can to improve the patch release process and avoid last minute delays in the future but we can't promise that they will ever be entirely eliminated. -jmccaskey

I will say that STEAM could have posted a notice stating that it was being worked on and why the delay rather than be silent about the issue. A little information goes a long way.

Now the STEAM forum will likely be flooded with posts asking why it's taking so long to download...

Sketcher

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
I must just suck at the internet today. I can't find a standalone patch for it anywhere. Any clues? This is one game I refuse to register with steam.

Dimmu

Jun 24, 2005
Originally posted by: bunker
I must just suck at the internet today. I can't find a standalone patch for it anywhere. Any clues? This is one game I refuse to register with steam.

Link