Stats ideas for Jator.2y.net?

Jator

Golden Member
Jun 14, 2000
For those of you using my pProxy, I am deliberating on how to run the stats. Currently I am running Full, Weekly & Daily. Each runs every 30 minutes. I was thinking of modifying the stats to something else though. Some of my thoughts are this:

Run daily perhaps every 15 minutes. Run Weekly every hour & rund full once a day. I am open to suggestions as I am providing this to you guys. I would also like to hold the day stats at the last run after GMT for 2 hours so people can check the stats before the next day is posted.

Feel free to post or e-mail me any suggestions.

Jay

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Humm, there's really not too much to say but... Sounds like a great idea to me Jay.:D

BGod

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Jay, I think you nailed it. That way I can see if I'm beating you before I go back to work at lunch time. :p

Jator

Golden Member
Jun 14, 2000
Just for that Jeff, I'm not gonna implement the changes til this weekend!!! :p

lordugh

Oct 10, 1999
15 min for dailies sounds good, but can you keep the weeklies to 30 min? I personally am more likely to look at the weeklies than the dailies, as for total one a day is good. Thanks, and keep the proxy running! moohoo!

BTW

I am currently running 2 proxies, one at UUGH.yi.org, and the other mayhew.yi.org one is work one is home, both are analog and slow as hell, with no stats, but if you want you can flush and fetch to/from them!

Viztech

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Jay-

Personally, I don't care about the update timings. I would like to see you go back to keeping the "hostnames working for this participant" function on a weekly basis as Mika has been doing.

viz

Jator

Golden Member
Jun 14, 2000
Viz,

The hostname will always be an option for my stats server. What I am propossing is updating the 'daily' stats more often and keep the weekly and full to a less freaquently schedule.

The advantage of this I believe is that say you have a machine ona host, bellsouth for example, and you check weekly stats. How do you know how many blocks were submitted each day. Under the daily submission, you can actually see how many blocks were done and not have to try and keep track of 7 days worth.

I don't mide running the weekly stats more often as well, it's just the full stats that will slow the system down. Like I said, voice your opinions and we'll go with whatever suites everyone's needs.

Jay

Viztech

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Doh!

I see that Jay, sorry I spouted off over a non-issue!
Having both the dailies and the weeklies is even better! I just need to navigate the site to look around a little.

It seems that you are doing everything that I want and more. :)
Thanx Jay (tor)

viz