State tells detroit man pay for child that isnt yours or go to jail

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
How is a right wing when its mostly left wing feminists who defend these kind of policies? And how is Detroit right wing? Or are you saying any left wing policies that fail can be called right wing authoritarianism?

Read up-

https://www.google.com/search?q=right+wing+authoritariansism&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Perhaps you'd care to quote some left wing feminists who support this kind of policy rather than to merely allege that they exist. Just because you find a particular belief to be convenient & ideologically comforting doesn't make it true.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Our family court system is so broken that everyone knows it is beyond fixing. It would take literally eliminating the whole old system and starting new. It hurts every person involved in it who doesn't have a vagina.

It undoubtedly hurts them as well.

OTOH, keeping the government nicely fucked up serves the whole anti-gubmint agenda entirely. Why would a Party who wants to destroy the social welfare system try to fix it, anyway?

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Nice bit of false attribution. 79% only applies to men declared fathers by default, not all fathers of assistance recipients.

You just let what you want to believe become what you believe for no good reason. You push-polled yourself.
I had to look it up to even see what a father by default it. Apparently, a father by default is a default judgement against men who are served notice of paternity but fail to show up in court to contest the issue.

I guess a lot of those guys don't think they are the father so they don't show up in court but they fail to realize that not showing up means they get a default judgement against them.
http://publications.usa.gov/epublications/childenf/paternity.htm

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
um..... how does women getting everything they could want "hurt them"? o_O

...besides turning those types into even more greedy princess brats, that is.

Truthiness! & rather lame truthiness at that.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I had to look it up to even see what a father by default it. Apparently, a father by default is a default judgement against men who are served notice of paternity but fail to show up in court to contest the issue.

I guess a lot of those guys don't think they are the father so they don't show up in court but they fail to realize that not showing up means they get a default judgement against them.
http://publications.usa.gov/epublications/childenf/paternity.htm

Or never actually receive the notification. In Michigan, that's just done by mail to their last known address, leaving a lot of room for error. Once determination is made, there's no recourse, not even proof of non-paternity. It's totally unreasonable, start to finish.

I also suspect that young women avoid shame by naming somebody even when they really don't know. There's still a strong double standard wrt any sort of promiscuity at all.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Truthiness! & rather lame truthiness at that.

Let me help:

I've raised my son without taking a dime from the state. I've had him full time, 6 plus days a week for 15 years. If I went to the courts and tried to get state mandated full custody I would have to pay his mom child support. Even though he lives with me 7 days a week. There is a formula they use and because she refuses to work and I have a decent job, I would have to pay her to not be a mom.

Literally the only way a dad can get full custody is by proving the mom is a danger to the kid. Drug use isn't important, arrests arent, having a job isn't. Basically only showing she has physically hurt the kid can get the courts to side against the mom.

This is real world man. People's lives get ruined by the broken system every day.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
Let me help:

I've raised my son without taking a dime from the state. I've had him full time, 6 plus days a week for 15 years. If I went to the courts and tried to get state mandated full custody I would have to pay his mom child support. Even though he lives with me 7 days a week. There is a formula they use and because she refuses to work and I have a decent job, I would have to pay her to not be a mom.

Literally the only way a dad can get full custody is by proving the mom is a danger to the kid. Drug use isn't important, arrests arent, having a job isn't. Basically only showing she has physically hurt the kid can get the courts to side against the mom.

This is real world man. People's lives get ruined by the broken system every day.

Shhh! Our local radfem(s) will call you a misogynist for not liking this (all too typical) state of affairs! :rolleyes:

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
Let me help:

I read this and couldn't help but respond: You are an amazing dad. Dads everywhere should look up to you as a good example. It's a truly screwed up system that you've had to deal with and yet you've done it anyways. 6 plus days a week for 15 years (seemingly without help from mom) is truly outstanding; you have been in it for the long haul. Thumbs waaay up, dad!