State of the Union Address?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I doubt I watch, unless only for the comedy of it all.
Like when Jim and Tammy Baker had their TV show.
You had to watch for the comedy of it all.
No one really needs to watch Trump, however.
Donald isn't that funny. The word is pathetic.
Fox News is already aligning their spin to parallel with Donald's spin on Tuesday evening.
Fox, hosting guest after guest claiming women at the border are being raped, kidnapped, used for sex trafficking.
All of it their proof that a wall is needed.
Well no doubt this will be exactly what Donald Trump echos on Tuesday evening, word for word.
By sticking to his lies and scare tactics trying again to gain a hint of support (and MONEY) for "his" wall.

So, there you have it. Donald Trump's entire state of the union address.
More lies, name calling, division, dividing, lunacy, just your typical evening with Donald Trump.
The only way I could watch this would be heavily sedated. Drunk out of my mind. Stoned. o_O
Just like the members of Trump's administration every day. Heavily sedated.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I doubt I watch, unless only for the comedy of it all.
Like when Jim and Tammy Baker had their TV show.
You had to watch for the comedy of it all.
No one really needs to watch Trump, however.
Donald isn't that funny. The word is pathetic.
Fox News is already aligning their spin to parallel with Donald's spin on Tuesday evening.
Fox, hosting guest after guest claiming women at the border are being raped, kidnapped, used for sex trafficking.
All of it their proof that a wall is needed.
Well no doubt this will be exactly what Donald Trump echos on Tuesday evening, word for word.
By sticking to his lies and scare tactics trying again to gain a hint of support (and MONEY) for "his" wall.

So, there you have it. Donald Trump's entire state of the union address.
More lies, name calling, division, dividing, lunacy, just your typical evening with Donald Trump.
The only way I could watch this would be heavily sedated. Drunk out of my mind. Stoned. o_O
Just like the members of Trump's administration every day. Heavily sedated.
I'm pretty sure I could come away fuming. But there is this very good chance that the Degenerate-in-Chief will do what you say. I want to see the reaction from Congress, and I want to hear the rebuttal.

I"ll record it. Of course the man doesn't have a single practical idea. The Wall is a symbol, based on attempts to keep out foreigners in ancient history. It is a symbol that we don't want any S**cs coming up from the South. They will say "Oh, no! We want Lee-gal immigration!", but the Asshole has already given vent to his racism in numerous ways -- from the remarks about Norwegians to the new attempt at policies to keep Africans and others out.

Everything they do and say is deceit of the most callous and cynical kind. We'll hear more of it. Sometimes, I think the Dems miss the subtleties and lose the chance to reply and rebut. But that's the nature of deceit.

Remember Donnie's remark about the "little wine and the little wafer"? It took me a couple months before I realized it. I only guess that John Kasich figured it out.

We'll see what the Couch-Potato-TV-addict-in-Chief has to say. I'm hoping he'll just sow more division. The man is totally incapable of any sincere outreach, compromise or reconciliation. And maybe by next year -- we'll be at war in a conflict that could spell our doom or at least gross pain.

What would someone like that do, after hurting 800,000 people who have nothing to do with the border issue? You can make predictions, even if they are vague.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
It's important to know what the president is planning. However, the media can usually distill that for me. So I don't plan to watch. I don't plan to record it either - government speeches like this are always on YouTube. But I might change my mind.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I know ratings don't work this way. But I'll avoid it and watch Stacy's rebuttal instead just out of spite of Hair Führer.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I predict he’ll go off script for at least 3 minutes—and no one will understand wtf he is talking about.

Jan 25, 2011
Lie lie lie, I am the greatest, unity, lie lie lie Pocahontas, I am the bestest ever, lie lie lie Pelosi wants Mexicans to kill you in your sleep, I'm the best that ever lived lie lie lie unity again.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If he stays on script, it will be a whiny snooze fest. A Congresscritter needs to do something to get him off script. Maybe hold up a sign reading "pee pee tape". Once off script, Trump can never get back on and then it's TV worth watching.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
If he stays on the teleprompter, we'll know it and we'll know it's not his words.
If he goes off the teleprompter it will be a shitshow.

It's lose-lose. So who gives a shit.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I watched the last one, Trump delivered a great speech. I'll be watching tonight. It is amazing how different the press portrays Trump compared to listening to what he actually says.

What "great things" did he say last time? Please recap.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
If someone yelled "You Lie", would everyone go DUH ?

If a different Congressperson yelled "You lie!" every time Trump uttered a falsehood, how many different Congresspersons would yell, and for what percentage of the SOTU speech would Congresspersons be yelling?

I've decided I'll be watching this time, but then I I'm the sort who likes sticking forks in electrical sockets. Normally, I'd rather press my tongue in a waffle iron than watch that varnished gourd preening and braying and sniffing for 90 minutes while half a room grimaces and the other half cheers him on like he's shitting Krugerrands

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I won't watch it. If I wanted to attend one of his rallies and mingle among the deplorables I'd just find the nearest rally. Otherwise he's just going to spew the same old BS along with a sprinkling of whining. He won't be talking to people like me anyway, he'll be talking to his "base" of ignorant meat socks.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
It'll be a waste of time like the last one. Trump says something stupid, Republicans clap for ten seconds, rinse and repeat.

I'll watch it if I don't go snowboarding tonight, otherwise I'll just read the recap by Cillizza on cnn.com tomorrow morning.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
fark_YxGvuomLrDzyP9mJk-Fu-PYOe40.jpg

Let's play bingo

Reactions: Hayabusa Rider

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Not watching. I would like to see one Dem walk out every time he lies. The place will be half deserted in 10 minutes.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I watched the last one, Trump delivered a great speech. I'll be watching tonight. It is amazing how different the press portrays Trump compared to listening to what he actually says.

Yeh, it'll be great. I'm sure most of America is cringing in anticipation.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I like how Melania was kind enough to invite a kid to the SOTU because of how much he was being bullied... due to his last name being Trump. You can't make this shit up. o_O

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/melania-trump-joshua-state-union_us_5c59b7f3e4b00187b5556445

An 11-year-old boy in Wilmington, Delaware, who was bullied because his last name is Trump will be Melania Trump’s guest at Tuesday night’s State of the Union address.

Back in December, Joshua Trump was allowed to change his last name to Berto after enduring relentless bullying from his fellow students.

Joshua’s mom, Megan Trump, said the bullying began when President Donald Trump began his presidential campaign, and has gotten worse.

“He said he hates himself, and he hates his last name, and he feels sad all the time, and he doesn’t want to live feeling like that anymore, and as a parent that’s scary,” she said.