State Dept Official Caught on Tape: **** the EU

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I never said that and you're putting words into my mouth. Read my post again.

:hmm:

here is what you are talking about wrg to "sovereignty."

How many of the citizens themselves supported them? It's a violation of sovereignty.

So, are you going to tell me that more than half of the citizens of each member state were not fans of the EU, as well as those that are currently lobbying to join?

What about the Ukranians? Are they currently violating their own sovereignty by rebelling against their Soviet puppet of a president to try and force a move towards the EU?

Apr 27, 2012
:hmm:

here is what you are talking about wrg to "sovereignty."

So, are you going to tell me that more than half of the citizens of each member state were not fans of the EU, as well as those that are currently lobbying to join?

What about the Ukranians? Are they currently violating their own sovereignty by rebelling against their Soviet puppet of a president to try and force a move towards the EU?

There are many who are against the EU and the sovereignty of the countries are being violated.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
There are many who are against the EU and the sovereignty of the countries are being violated.

Oh?

show me. You are supposed to show me that half of all EU citizens are against the EU. you are also required to provide a more lucid description of what you believe sovereignty to mean.

Until then, your cup runneth over with horseshit.

Apr 27, 2012
Oh?

show me. You are supposed to show me that half of all EU citizens are against the EU. you are also required to provide a more lucid description of what you believe sovereignty to mean.

NO. When did I ever say half of them are against the EU?

Nov 25, 2013
LOL Works for me. It would no longer be news at least. And let's not forget these are the nations most of our ancestors risked their lives to leave.

Like the 'Pilgrim Fathers' who 'escaped' from social and religious freedom in the Netherlands?

Or the criminals, debtors, slaves and indentured servants who had no choice?

There are things to celebrate about the founding of America but a history that has become more than a little propagandized isn't one of them.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
While the Left would be screaming "hang the fucker!" Right?

Party hypocrisy is reaching an all-time high, it's becoming nauseating.

The proper reaction for this regardless of which party is in the White House is...

picard-facepalm.jpg

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Oh?

Do you have a stuffed animal? Maybe a pickle? A used dryer sheet?

Any of those things will give you more intelligent debate than that guy.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
is "leave" a euphemism for escaping debtors prison and criminal prosecution?

:D

and as for the pilgrims....they didn't leave. They simply weren't wanted. by anyone. EVEN THE DUTCH HATED THEM, FFS!
??? Of course they left. They had to pay money for transport to the New World, often even placing themselves into indentured servitude to pay for passage.

Like the 'Pilgrim Fathers' who 'escaped' from social and religious freedom in the Netherlands?

Or the criminals, debtors, slaves and indentured servants who had no choice?

There are things to celebrate about the founding of America but a history that has become more than a little propagandized isn't one of them.
Well, it looks a bit different to those of you in the Great North. You guys were the ones who found the King's boot on your neck to be cozy and comforting.