Starting to feel old...I'm considering buying a house.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DJFuji

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Entity

This is in Seattle, one of the more expensive markets in the country. :(

Rob

*cough*Southern California*cough*

median price for homes in san diego: almost $500,000 i think. Even higher in Orange County.

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: DJ Fuji

This is in Seattle, one of the more expensive markets in the country. :(

Rob

*cough*Southern California*cough*

median price for homes in san diego: almost $500,000 i think. Even higher in Orange County.

Someone's always got it worse. Try to buy a house in Palo Alto. ;)

Rob

flyfish

Oct 23, 2000
Interest rate is not everything!
It is important to know how often the lender re-amortizes your loan! Daily? Monthly? Quarterly? Never?
This can make a big difference in the long term. Also, if your mortage re-amz daily and you do a Bi-weekly payment plan, you can save even more!

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
The market for $700,000 + trophy homes (in my city) isn't what it used to be. I see houses like that sit on the market for a long time lately, but the more reasonable homes that sensible working families can afford are still selling quickly in my city, thanks to low interest rates.

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
Bump. Starting to seriously look now; had credit scores run, and were offered $270k at 5.6%. A bit high, so we're going to look for a few other lenders; any recommendations? We may see how low we can get the rate if we put 20% down, which may be reachable. Not sure.

Rob
Is that 5.6% FIX or ARM? If it's fixed that looks like a pretty good rate.