Starting a new system from the mobo out..where does $175 get me?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

*kjm

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
Can you say why you were not a huge fan of Asrock? I read their Z77 series did not have real digital VRMs. Does anyone know if they have real digital VRMs on their Z87 series?

Do you care to say what you like about it?

It's lay out works great, software is good, dual bios, great sound, overclocks easy, dual Intel LAN.... ect.

sauria yes it's a C2 stepping gotten from Newegg about a month ago.... sticker for C2 is right on the box.

coolpurplefan

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2006
Last edited:

coolpurplefan

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2006
OK, I still find the boards previously mentioned interesting but I just bought the Asrock Fatal1ty H87 Performance. The reason I didn't want to name it before is because I didn't want to see it out of stock before buying one. :biggrin:

Of course, other people had named this board earlier in the thread. I read it the Realtek ALC1150 is awesome and it's an 8 phase motherboard. So, even if you're not overclocking, the CPU may last longer due to "cleaner" electricity. The rear panel also has a mix of almost everything on it. And also new and older technology expansion slots.