Starcraft - Heart of the Swarm Announced!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Hmm I'm watching Blizzard's World Championship Series, and my first thought is... where are the English announcers or translators? :eek: I knew I shouldn't have skipped my Chinese lessons!

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Got an email from blizz oon friday that I just looked up. Says I'm in the beta, on the mobile now so will need to check my bnet account later to see if its legit.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
just checked bnet, have beta access on my account page. which is kinda funny as I haven't even entered my wol key yet.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Actually I haven't even played WoL yet. I'm not going to get SC2 till it is all finished. Makes it easier too because the Protoss are by faaaaaaaaaaar my fav race.

Looks like I'm playing WoL now. Stopped in Toys R Us and they had 1 copy on clearance still for $10 so I picked it up.

ShadowVVL

May 1, 2010
i thought sc2 was ok i still play online but it wasnt worth the price tag so i think i can wait another 5 years for HOTS price drop.

Aug 11, 2008
i thought sc2 was ok i still play online but it wasnt worth the price tag so i think i can wait another 5 years for HOTS price drop.

I was looking forward to the next installment of SC2, but right now I am so pissed at Blizzard that I may never buy another game from them. I decided to go back an play a bit of SC2, silly me.

I was getting all these e-mails supposedly from Blizzard asking for my account information, and I thought someone was phishing me. Apparently not.

My account has been locked, because for some insane reason, Blizzard thinks I tried to "sell" my Diablo 3 account. I have not played the game for several months, and I would not even know how to sell my account if I wanted to. I dont even know exactly what "selling" an account means or why they think I tried to do it. And somehow I cannot reset the account, because they ask for an authentication from a text they send to a mobile phone, which I did not even assign to the account. WTF??

Anyway, I sort of disregarded the complaints about Battle.net for SC2, because you could play offline and I had no problems with it. But D3 is enough to make me swear off Blizzard games forever. Initially I had many times I could not log on due to server issues, and now I have 2 60.00 games that I cant even play.

CalebRockeT

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2003
Call their support. I had an issue with a locked account once and it was cleared up within 5 minutes on the phone with them. If you've legitimately done nothing wrong, you should be able to get it all cleared up.

Aug 11, 2008
Call their support. I had an issue with a locked account once and it was cleared up within 5 minutes on the phone with them. If you've legitimately done nothing wrong, you should be able to get it all cleared up.

Thanks, I tried that only once and got a message to call back another time because the wait was so long.
I was so frustrated I gave up at that point. I just can't figure out why they think I tried to sell the game. The last time I tried to play before this I had over 100 hours in the game with no issues other than the servers being down or busy.

Could it be because I installed the game on both my desktop and my laptop which I used to play on when I went on vacation to another state? This happened a long time ago though, and I played on the desktop many hours after that.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
yeah it could be that you connected from different states. Call them and explain and you should be ok.
then make sure you set up the 2 factor authorization to work with your current #.

Aug 11, 2008
yeah it could be that you connected from different states. Call them and explain and you should be ok.
then make sure you set up the 2 factor authorization to work with your current #.

Didnt know about "2 factor authorization". Could you explain it further? Are you allowed to install on 2 different computers?

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
I agree but I still enjoyed myself.

I dont think the campaign was worth fifty bucks though, and getting called a lovely human 40 times in 20 minutes kinda turned me off the MP.

In all my years of SC I have never been called that. Maybe it's you. :)

Oct 20, 2005
Didnt know about "2 factor authorization". Could you explain it further? Are you allowed to install on 2 different computers?

I don't know what the "2 factor authorization" is, but yes, you can install SC2 on as many computers as you want. All you're really doing is installing the game client on a computer which is the same game client that everyone installs and uses. It's the log-in credentials/authentication that can trigger "suspicious activity".

If you log on to sc2 from different computers at different IP addresses, it may get flagged for suspicious activity, but after a few more times of logging on, it will begin to be familiar with the different machines/ip addresses that you log on from.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
2 factor authentication is used for a more secure login at sites such as banks. Usually you need a code in addition to your normal password.

Blizzard lets you associate your cell # to your account so they can send you a code via SMS to prove that it is actually you. I'd recommend setting that up if you're having problems logging in.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Could it be because I installed the game on both my desktop and my laptop which I used to play on when I went on vacation to another state? This happened a long time ago though, and I played on the desktop many hours after that.

+

Based on this, I'm guessing that the prior is not the problem, but it sounds like you don't have an authenticator installed. Maybe someone got access to your account and tried to sell it?

Aug 11, 2008
2 factor authentication is used for a more secure login at sites such as banks. Usually you need a code in addition to your normal password.

Blizzard lets you associate your cell # to your account so they can send you a code via SMS to prove that it is actually you. I'd recommend setting that up if you're having problems logging in.

OK, thanks for the information. I was letting someone else play on my computer. Maybe he set up a cell phone number and I was not aware of it. I really am done with Diablo 3 anyway, I just wanted to go back and revisit SC2.