Starcraft 2

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
i dont know about anyone else but i cant wait for the release. anyone have any inside info on when it will be out or what type of requirements it might have thats not already on the website?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: covert24
i dont know about anyone else but i cant wait for the release. anyone have any inside info on when it will be out or what type of requirements it might have thats not already on the website?

Nope.

I'll willing to bet you won't see it until 2009 though, maybe even longer.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
requirements - not high, since blizzard games have *ALWAYS* been very scalable. they focus on gameplay > graphics, 100%

inside info - negative, ghostrider

Stas

Dec 31, 2004
I wonder if it's gonna be 4:3 or 16:10. I hope they won't lock it just at one option. Although, in a competative game like that they don't any choice, balance matters the most.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
I'm excited for the Starcraft 2, but I can't help but complain about the new look for the dark templar. It is ridiculous.

vhx

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2006
Originally posted by: Stas
I wonder if it's gonna be 4:3 or 16:10. I hope they won't lock it just at one option. Although, in a competative game like that they don't any choice, balance matters the most.

Starcraft 2 will have Widescreen support.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
All I know is it better not come out until I'm done with college. ;)

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
me three, I love the web sites info, loved the original, can't wait for this one. But you know after games like CoD and WOrld in Conflic, it's gonna be a tough for Bliz this time around, the game scene is littered with high production titles, it's gonna to be tough to impress me now.

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: nyker96
me three, I love the web sites info, loved the original, can't wait for this one. But you know after games like CoD and WOrld in Conflic, it's gonna be a tough for Bliz this time around, the game scene is littered with high production titles, it's gonna to be tough to impress me now.

Who cares. Korea alone will top the sales. Starcraft is a BIG name.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Youve heard it before "its done when its done" as blizzard always says. Which is great, i dont want it to be rushed, the way its going this will be the best game ever made, the campaign looks amazing, the gameplay looks fantastic, the battlecruisers come a ways since the first gameplay video too, it looks awesome.

Mister Peanut

Apr 10, 2007
I read somewhere that some store (not sure which, I can't remember exactly) had this as shipping for October 2008. Not sure where that came from but.

I think (I hope I was not dreaming) that I read somewhere else its end of 2008, but you never know since I don't think Blizzard has confirmed a release date. If only it came out in 3 weeks T.T. Just after my exams =[

<3 Starcraft

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
I have high doubts about sc2. Its being done by some former C&C3 guys. We all know how bad that game was.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Meh, I'm not as interested in the Starcraft formula as I used to be. I prefer the WH40K/CoH approach to RTS - fighting over the map to retain resources, rather than using resources to fight over the map. If that makes sense.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Hacp
I have high doubts about sc2. Its being done by some former C&C3 guys. We all know how bad that game was.

wtf are you smoking?

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: ConstipatedVigilante
Meh, I'm not as interested in the Starcraft formula as I used to be. I prefer the WH40K/CoH approach to RTS - fighting over the map to retain resources, rather than using resources to fight over the map. If that makes sense.

Have you ever played a higher than newbie game? You're dead if you don't expand to capture reasource areas in the first 10 minutes. If you're in a good game, reasource points can be traded mutilple times.

h4x0r

Nov 8, 2002
SC was cool, but I was thinking the other day of what SC2 would be like as a MMO concept like WoW. Of course, you can't think WoW skinned as SC2...there would HAVE to be MUCH different game mechanics.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Originally posted by: tenshodo13

Have you ever played a higher than newbie game? You're dead if you don't expand to capture reasource areas in the first 10 minutes. If you're in a good game, reasource points can be traded mutilple times.

I would have to ask you the same question, ave you ever played higher than a newbie game in CoH, its way way different from SC, and I prefer the formula far more than the traditional RTS's as well. Resources are always important, but they way they are obtained in CoH and SC are completely different. I believe this is what he was referring to, in CoH you spend far less time on base management since your resources are gained by capturing points, so you spend most of the game fighting for points, and its a constant fight in higher ranking games.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Dammit Blizzard, give me Starcraft 2 already. Then Diablo 3 :D

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: VashHT
Originally posted by: tenshodo13

I would have to ask you the same question, ave you ever played higher than a newbie game in CoH, its way way different from SC, and I prefer the formula far more than the traditional RTS's as well. Resources are always important, but they way they are obtained in CoH and SC are completely different. I believe this is what he was referring to, in CoH you spend far less time on base management since your resources are gained by capturing points, so you spend most of the game fighting for points, and its a constant fight in higher ranking games.

2 different resource models. in either case though, whoever controls the resources wins.

CoH/DoW are squad based, SC is not. personally, i like SC better.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I like both games, they both have their merits. But yeah as has been mentioned the 1 c&c 3 guy does worry me a bit, c&c 3 was OK, but its in no way any match for a blizzard game. But blizzard know what they are doing so i trust they hired him for a good reason and that he will not wreck it or make c&c 3 in space.