Starcraft 2 GPU / CPU Scaling Graphs

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IntelUser2000

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2003
It's from PCGamesHardware.

That's one theory, except we're seeing a 20% increase on the exact same CPU. All architecture is the same except for cores being disabled.

Yes I know, but by disabling cores, you lose the entire cores and the L2 caches associated with it. When you enable them back, the game will be able to allocate the "misc" threads to other cores and lower the load on the main core's L2 cache, thus enhancing the single thread performance. Of course the impact might be greater, as some other resources might be similarly saturated as well, hence the large 20%.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
WTH happened to Blizz programming? One of the main reasons SC1 was so popular because it can run on nearly every PC back then, even on a Pentium 133 with 32 RAM.

Magusigne

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2007
WTH happened to Blizz programming? One of the main reasons SC1 was so popular because it can run on nearly every PC back then, even on a Pentium 133 with 32 RAM.

Please...

If it was optimized and toned down every other PC gamer that wasn't running a 5 year old PC would be screaming for blood. I've heard people already bitch about "WTF it has sprites?!?".

You can't please everyone.

KeypoX

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2003
Dude, are you serious? You're already thinking the worse that I'm a scammer? You sent me paypal yesterday at 6:43 pm and then you ask for a tracking number when it's a Sunday and no post office, fedex, or UPS is even open? I feel somewhat insulted and I think I'm just going to refund you your money. No person should ever sell you anything again when you turn around and insinuate that the person may be a scammer. You paid $95 for the opteron 165 and the epox motherboard I have for sale and I was going to throw in the heatsink and fan as well. You can expect a refund from me.

LOL wow, i remember why i never buy off FS/FT. Overpriced and unreliable. And i would consider that a scam lol

Try this instead http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1893956

or the many other deals for mobo cpu for around 100. that are 10x better than a old unupgradable opteron.

Grimbones

Jun 12, 2004
So, I'm havin myself a party here, by me-selfff. I think it's been 6 shots total, I spaced them out so I don't fall over, I'm a light weight. 135lbs, 6%body fat. So bout right now, I'm starting to feel a little better about this game. The game play IS very much improved, everything moves quicker. I have not gotten the handle on what to build yet.

About the Out growing starcraft part,, If you have not played in years,, then you say you installed the game and played a FEW games,, then stopped.. THAT is still outgrew.. If you stop playing, that generally means outgrew.. Go ahead buy this game, and u'll put it down like you did the first

I admit to not having a life, but that isn't the problem here, it's the longing to live in gaming heaven after the 2009 purgatory lineup. THAT is why depresses me so much.

Geek stuff:
I'm very casual when it comes to games, so it takes quite a bit to disappoint me. THIS WAS the super game that just didn't cut the cake. SuperSmash Brawl was a disappointment. Blazblue made up for it slightly, but then they go nerfing my alter ego...

Blazblue! I can't believe i paid 50 bucks for that game. I mean...it's enjoyable, but not as wonderful as it was made out to be. I am still waiting for Marvel Vs. Capcom Vs. Disney, or something...That was the last 2d fighter i really enjoyed. MvC 2...on the dreamcast (that's right bitches).

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
It's hardly surprising the game isn't particularly demanding; Blizzard's titles are known to cater to the masses.

borisvodofsky

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2010
Blazblue! I can't believe i paid 50 bucks for that game. I mean...it's enjoyable, but not as wonderful as it was made out to be. I am still waiting for Marvel Vs. Capcom Vs. Disney, or something...That was the last 2d fighter i really enjoyed. MvC 2...on the dreamcast (that's right bitches).

"Marvel vs Capcom vs Disney," HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... You and me both want to see this game come out. :D:D:D:D

Blazblue was a disappointment, but I feel like we got them back with the PC Continnum Shift arcade leak, Nvidia cards work best for that :eek:. too bad I have a sad 4870 pos. :\

Dec 30, 2004
ya come to think of it I'm really not interested in this game. SC turned into a Gateway fest where you build as many as possible and just mass produce units. Boring.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
ya come to think of it I'm really not interested in this game. SC turned into a Gateway fest where you build as many as possible and just mass produce units. Boring.

yeah, strategy games suck when you have to build an army, don't they?

i mean, why can't i just tell my opponent to quit? i don't actually feel like playing the game.

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
"Marvel vs Capcom vs Disney," HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... You and me both want to see this game come out. :D:D:D:D

Blazblue was a disappointment, but I feel like we got them back with the PC Continnum Shift arcade leak, Nvidia cards work best for that :eek:. too bad I have a sad 4870 pos. :\

I recently tried Blazblue as well (they had it at the library...yes my library rents PS3/Xbox 360 games for free). I couldn't get into the game at all...and I like fighters.